Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Brad2523
Due to some tablets I've had my medical taken away for the past 6 months and get it back early January... All over possible unlikely side effects which haven't materialised so I've in effect been grounded for 6 months for no reason...

It has been hell. :evil:

To *try* and cheer myself up I've been crossing off the days till I get the medical back, only 28 to go now... Then I'll worry about the weather! :shock: :shock: :( :( :cry:

Pah.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Shoestring Flyer wrote:Lots to do in the garage...Currently bringing back to life a '71 Lotus Elan.
A portable heater to keep warm and the radio on...great fun! :D

I well remember when I took pleasure in such things, I once replaced the engine in a Morris Minor under a car port with thin gloves on and spanners in a low oven so they didn't freeze my hands :-)
By lobstaboy
I get out the charts and flight guides and plan all the trips I'm going to do next year. But then I get cross that last year I only managed 20% of what I would have liked to do...

...so then it's the scotch!
By AlexJR
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
The truly painful thing is when it's a sunny day, you know the wind is on the strong side but the forecast says it should be straight down the runway then you get there and see the windsock stubbornly erect at 90 degrees.

This is what Sunday afternoon currently looks like and it is killing me - has been weeks : (.

My work background is a 152 in front of a field. It makes me happy for fleeting seconds.
Horrible on the ground today.....but not nearly so bad at FL045 :D Heck of a temperature inversion going on in the west. And the arrival wind wasn't nearly as bad as forecast either.
Cheered me up 8)
A le Ron liked this
By Spooky
Brad2523 wrote:Due to some tablets I've had my medical taken away for the past 6 months and get it back early January... All over possible unlikely side effects which haven't materialised so I've in effect been grounded for 6 months for no reason...

It has been hell. :evil:

To *try* and cheer myself up I've been crossing off the days till I get the medical back, only 28 to go now... Then I'll worry about the weather! :shock: :shock: :( :( :cry:

Pah.

Have you got friends you could go up with? Not the same, I know, but might help :D
Brad2523 liked this
By ChampChump
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There are few times a year that we grass strippers envy anyone, but.

Review past glories, however small, dream new ones, pretend one has never flown, never wanted to fly and will never want to, pour another glass, indulge in the retail therapy to the value of the monthly fuel bill, repeat 'til fade.
Usually, to cheer myself up, I'll watch a Krankies' video. Fan-dabi-dozi.

But mostly, Marvin's eternal dictum applies:

'...the first ten million years were the worst, and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline...'
Paul_Sengupta liked this
By davef77
I work on designing aerobatic sequences ready for next season, review practice videos from last season. Read Flyer Forum, catch-up on family things and worry about maintenance and annuals and stuff.

None of it works (except the worrying) :(