Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By rough estimate there are 700 Private Sites across the UK, so I doubt there's a one-stop place to find the answer.

There are also sensitivities around publicising movement figures especially if the strip operates under a '28 day rule'.

Restrictions placed on movement numbers would most likely be a Local Planning Authority.

You can ask me about Kittyhawk Farm if you like.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Richard Dastardly wrote:You're not that far away.

Just a chap with a rather 'busy' helicopter a few hundred yards from where I live - takes off sometimes in zero vis, no squawk - nowt.

Might try local council - thanks

What RP said, local council re permission to operate and 28 day rule.

CAA if there are operations which you think are not safe.

But don't moan at us if your neighbour strikes you off his christmas card list.

:D

Have you tried talking to him/her/them - might achieve more with less hassle!
Ben K liked this
Richard Dastardly wrote:You're not that far away.

Just a chap with a rather 'busy' helicopter a few hundred yards from where I live - takes off sometimes in zero vis, no squawk - nowt.

Might try local council - thanks

Does he need a squawk in the airspace he's in?

Besides, unless he's doing something illegal - in which case, report it, what exactly has it got to do with you?
Nick liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
From the BHA site:

4.4 Private Landing Sites
Helicopters may operate from the gardens of private houses without planning consent provided the landing site is within the curtilage of the property. Even though an owner of a property may also own an adjoining field, its use as a landing site would require planning consent as the field falls into the category of open land. Helicopter operations from it would constitute a change to the conditions of use requiring planning consent. However the field could be used under the rules for temporary sites i.e. for not more than 28 days in any one calendar year (see Section 4.3 above).

Although planning consent is not normally required for helicopter operations from private property, the construction of hard standing e.g. a concrete landing surface as well as the installation of landing lights and the erection of a hangar or barn in which to house the helicopter, may be regarded as development by the local planning authority for which planning consent would be required.