Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
ivor.phillips wrote:
Joe Dell wrote:I'm genuinely at a loss as to why anyone would want to. :?

Usually called a wife or significant other :lol:
Brownie points for the next trip you want to do,

And they are quite pleasant affairs - the Germans are friendly and harmless.
By Joe Dell
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
ivor.phillips wrote:
Joe Dell wrote:I'm genuinely at a loss as to why anyone would want to. :?

Usually called a wife or significant other :lol:
Brownie points for the next trip you want to do,

And they are quite pleasant affairs - the Germans are friendly and harmless.

Ich habe in Hamburg, Köln und München gelebt und gearbeitet. :) :) :) Xmas markets are up there on my 'See and avoid' list. :(
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Last year Mrs Engineer and I spent a week in Basel just before Christmas.

Fantastic Christmas markets, loads to do, a brilliant free (ish) public transport system, very friendly people, a Cathedral well worth visiting, mountains an easy train ride away. Can't recommend the city highly enough save that it has about the most expensive restaurants in Europe.

G
By ChampChump
We're just back from Arras and Amiens (by road :( ): Christmas markets, with the usual accoutrements (big wheel, skating rink etc) and son-et-lumière at Amiens Cathedral.

A good atmosphere prevailed, although at Arras I was surprised to see the Municipal Police were augmented by even younger children in camouflage, toting some serious weaponry. :?
mick w, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By PeteSpencer
[quote="ChampChump"
A good atmosphere prevailed, although at Arras I was surprised to see the Municipal Police were augmented by even younger children in camouflage, toting some serious weaponry. :?[/quote]

Bury St Edmunds Christmes Fayre had a couple of pairs of armed police patrolling this year: Don't know whether I felt reassured or intimidated...#

And massive concrete blocks closing off all access roads to the town centre /Angel Hill areas.

Peter