Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By T67M
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Dave W wrote:That unsullied wing is a work of engineering art.

I agree, although it's interesting to note that in a significant number of the shots, the leading edge devices are deployed, somewhat "sullying" the wing. I wonder what they were using as the camera ship.
By Spooky
Colonel Panic wrote:Very nice. It is strange how the (beautiful) wings on this almost look too small, whereas the wings on the A380 look far too big

I recall that the A380 was designed to be built longer if needed. So the bigger wings were a ‘common part’ to reduce costs if they went ahead with the long body model. Emirates wanted them, but sadly they were alone in that desire.
Colonel Panic liked this
By JAFO
I was talking to a 787 captain a little while ago and it appears to be a truly impressive bit of kit. Largely composite fuselage and wings, the RR Trent is an amazing engine. It burns something like half the fuel of a 747 and the range is incredible as this year's new direct service London-Perth proves. He clearly loved the aircraft. I'm not much of an airliner geek but I was impressed.
By kanga
JAFO wrote:I was talking to a 787 captain a little while ago and it appears to be a truly impressive bit of kit. Largely composite fuselage and wings, the RR Trent is an amazing engine....

.. and, of course, Dowty er 'Safran' , Gloucestershire anyway, undercarriage :thumright:

[just over the road from JAM :) ]