For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Shame about the $750M losses in Q1 and Q2... and every other quarter except for two since they began trading.

One swallow does not a summer make.

I'll obviously be willing to eat my words if this trend continues!
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By malcolmfrost
The ramp in 3 production is making it possible, the margin is 20% and demand is strong, they have produced a desirable family sized car with excellent range and mind blowing performance at a reasonable price.
By karlbown
That happened with Amazon as well. Seems to be going pretty well now!

stevelup wrote:Shame about the $750M losses in Q1 and Q2... and every other quarter except for two since they began trading.

One swallow does not a summer make.

I'll obviously be willing to eat my words if this trend continues!
By Miscellaneous
stevelup wrote:One swallow does not a summer make.

For sure, however it is a step in the right direction and crucially the markets/analysts are fairly positive about the future. Not that I'm convinced.

Personally I won't be ordering one anytime soon. The reasons are many. :D

karlbown wrote:Good to see. I ordered a model 3 on day one, should get it 3.5 years after the order went it. It seems very popular in the US.

Let's hope the delivery driver takes more care of your new Tesla than this guy. :shock:

karlbown liked this
By oldscoolboy
Model 3 outselling BMW and Mercedes in America of similar size cars. 3 series and C Class. Soon to wallop Audi.

5000 cars a week being produced and they have an order list to shift them. Can't not see the books going into the black. Would imagine they have some loans to pay off though.
By KingJames
What was the difference in the cash position for the period the profit was made in out of interest? Could be good reasons for it not being reflective of the profit however could also be a sign of accounting tricks from someone overly motivated to make a profit.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I am rarely more than a brick away from a second hand car, my fuel economy is great and I don't have to worry about the maintenance costs. Environmentally friendly - manufacturing cost is sunk, the previous owner won't be burning any more fuel in it, and the wreckage is available for recycling.