Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Weatherman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hello!

Weather School season is well underway and I’m looking forward to welcoming some of you to Aviation Weather School (Part 1) tomorrow. Get ready for a superb day, it’s always great fun and I’m sure you will learns loads!

If you'd like to learn more about the weather and how you can maximise weather windows for your flying, come along to Aviation Weather School (Part 1). The only place I have available right now is on Saturday 19thJanuary 2019. If you'd like to find out more and book your place, do so now at www.WeatherSchool.co.uk or you can call me to book on 01902 895252.

Weatherweb Premium also has lots of weather wisdom and is continuing to grow with more pilots joining every week. There's stack of weather information, forecasts and learning to be found on the website and you can try Weatherweb Premium completely free at
http://premium.weatherweb.net/become-a-member/

And don't forget you can also receive these forecasts by email, just send a blank email to
aviationweather-subscribe@weatherweb.net

Have a great weekend,
Simon

WEEKEND WEATHER FORECAST
==========================

Issued: 1200 hrs, Friday 14th September 2018

SATURDAY
---------------
High pressure to the south of the country on Saturday. A warm front passing northeast through Ireland and the western UK introducing a Tropical Maritime airmass. This brings lots of low cloud, drizzle and fog to western coasts and hills. There will be a few breaks where you are protected by the southwest flow. More eastern and central areas of England and Scotland are likely to be brighter with some sunny spells. Fog patches in western parts of the Channel and to the south of Ireland.
The low moves quickly to the northwest of Ireland through Saturday afternoon bringing more persistent rain and increasing winds with widespread severe gales.
Winds SW 15-18kt (F4-F5) increasing SW 20-28kt (F6-F7) in the west with 30-40kt (F8-F9) Ireland and western Scotland with gusts in excess to 60kt or more here. The widespread severe gales passing through Scotland overnight.

SUNDAY
------------
Low pressue to the northeast of Scotland on Sunday with a cold front passing southeast and weakening. Showery troughs passing east.
Severe gales easing quickly in Scotland. Showers will be affecting much of western Scotland and Northern Ireland. Eastern areas tending to be drier.
Drier in England and much of the Midlands, Wales and southern Ireland with some bright or sunny spells.
The front to the south not moving far and bringing some rain, this turning increasingly showery as the week progresses.
Winds W 30-40kt (F8-F9) at first in Scotland but becoming W 25-30kt (F7), W 15-20kt (F5) in the south, easing further later.

**ends**