Group flying opportunities & questions
I'm looking to join a group. I have returned to flying after a long lay off and got my SEP and TMG back. I mostly flew Robins, Pipers and Cessnas but also flew T67's, a Fuji and some tail draggers. I've got just over 200 hours and a Class 2 medical. I'm currently getting back to solo in gliders.

At 16 stone I have disqualified myself from many aircraft unless I fly with an elf.

If anyone has any ideas please contact me.

Thanks in advance.
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There's a PA28-151 syndicate within Azure flying club at Cranfield actively looking for a few new members at the moment. I'm not in that group, but know them and they're a friendly and active bunch who look after their aeroplane well - if that interests you, drop me a line and I'll find you contact details.

G
Thanks GTE, good thinking, I'd never thought of Cranfield. I'm going to do a dummy drive over there tomorrow to see how the travel time is for me. I'll get back to you, thanks again for the idea. What's Cranfield like to fly out of, anyone know?
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Billstone wrote:Thanks GTE, good thinking, I'd never thought of Cranfield. I'm going to do a dummy drive over there tomorrow to see how the travel time is for me. I'll get back to you, thanks again for the idea. What's Cranfield like to fly out of, anyone know?

Odd - it used to be very good, then got very difficult with a lot of restrictions, but has got a lot better again.

Strict opening hours that aren't negotiable, somewhat anal controllers (although they'e got much better lately) and rather strict airside access and parking rules, but actually good facilities, 1800m of runway, approaches on both runways, half a dozen assorted cafes onsite, sometimes quite interesting stuff going on, and runway lighting in winter - so the 0830-1830 operating hours are all year. The Azure club that a couple of syndicates sit within is friendly, has a few on-tap instructors, and a bit of a social side - although there's no "pilots caff" as such these days.

I'm there a few days most weeks - drop me a line and I might be around to show you what's where.

G
We have space in our AA-5 syndicate at Turweston. I have been a member for almost three years and have done 100 hours in it including trips to Poland and The Netherlands. I am currently the technical rep' on the committee. PM for my contact details.