Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By flyingyod
The AIP entry says the email needs the following:

HOR ATS. PPR PN 2 HR before ETA by
E-mail : douane-aeroportletouquet@douane.finances.gouv.fr or
TEL 09 70 27 08 26 - FAX : 03 21 31 45 55.
The customs request must include the following information:
- ACFT registration
- Captain's name
- PAX names with passport number or identity card number

I feel like it should have more than that, such as ETA, captain's passport details. Can anyone tell me what they normally put in this email? Planning to go there for the first time tomorrow...

Cheers
By Chris-tt
In the past I just forward the one SkyDemon generates, and possibly added a bit of GAR info (I can’t remember exactly what SkyDemon produces), I’ve flown in several times and haven’t ever had a problem. Probably more info than needed, but when you’re filling out a GAR for the return leg there’s no harm.

It looks like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notification of Inbound Flight
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aircraft Registration:
Aircraft Type:

Contact Number:
Email Address:

Reason for Visit: Leisure/Business

Departure From:
Arrival To: LFAT Le Touquet (FRA)
Date:
Arrival Time (estimate):
CREW
1) Name:
Passport Number:
Issuing Country:
Expiry:
Nationality:
Address:

2) Name:
Passport Number:
Issuing Country:
Expiry:
Nationality:
Address:

PASSENGERS
1) Name:
Passport Number:
Issuing Country:
Expiry:
Nationality:
Address:

2) Name:
Passport Number:
Issuing Country:
Expiry:
Nationality:
Address:
By Cessna57
Here is what I sent them a few weeks ago.
Didn’t get a response or an issue.

Hi,

this is a notification for Customs/PNR/PPR purposes.

Type: P28A

Departing: EGSU, Duxford
Arriving: LFAT, LeTouquet

ETA: 10:00 UTC 13/07/2018
ETD: 15:30 UTC 13/07/2018

A flight plan has been filed.

David xxxxxx . Passport: UK : nnnnnnnn
Simon xxxxxxx : UK : nnnnnnnnnn

Kind regards

David xxxxx
By will c
From the AIP for LFAT

- ACFT registration,
- Captain’s name,
- PAX names with passport number or identity card number.

Also at the paying desk is a note to say that you need your passport and pilot's licence to be able to return to the aircraft although they weren't enforcing that yesterday.
By flyingyod
I sent an email based on Chris-tt's post - had no trouble at all with customs. Unlike the arrival there, which was crackers. Couldn't get a word in for quite a while so ended up orbiting to the north of the zone whilst ATC wrestled with the flood of incomers and bollocked someone for entering the zone without clearance, before finally being sure I was cleared and getting a surprise left base join! Also, there were no taxis (kind of expected), or bikes (didn't expect that)!
By 2Donkeys
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The AIP is somewhat out of step with actual practice at Le Touquet. With Macron enjoying a second home in the town, there is an almost constant Customs presence now at the airfield, the members of which now enjoy a freshly remodelled customs office complete with computer equipment, finger scanners etc.

Whilst I wouldn't ever encourage anybody to head over without having emailed, I suspect that the emails and their contents are essentially irrelevant and there is no obvious cross-referencing of emails when you arrive.
By IMCR
I also think the email is practically redundant. Customs appear a permanent fixture, and when I asked about the email some while back, it was greeted was a customary shrug of the shoulders.
By Jodelman
flyingyod wrote:The AIP entry says the email needs the following:

HOR ATS. PPR PN 2 HR before ETA by
E-mail : douane-aeroportletouquet@douane.finances.gouv.fr or
TEL 09 70 27 08 26 - FAX : 03 21 31 45 55.
- ACFT registration
- Captain's name
- PAX names with passport number or identity card number

I feel like it should have more than that, such as ETA, captain's passport details. Can anyone tell me what they normally put in this email? Planning to go there for the first time tomorrow...

Cheers

Does not "hors" mean except? Thus an email is only needed if ATS are not on duty.
By BehyBill
L2K customs will be happy with a GAR with precision of french local times, further south they may ask you to fill their GENDEC template (general decalaration: same as gar but need a re-type in their doc)