For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Had it been the beer-bellied , shaven-headed , tattooed thugs who were being brought to account , then maybe there could be a shred of sympathy .

Actually the ambulance damage was done by an air head blonde who thought the route to the roof of the ambulance was by stepping on the mirror and the dancing up the wind screen.

Stereotypes are quite fun though ......
JoeC wrote:
Cessna57 wrote:Yay! England Won..

yay.. let's smash up an ambulance..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44756829

and people wonder why it's called ChavBall ?

And the local Millwall fans' response...

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... DZrbkJJxjv

Sadly I doubt either the original action or this one will unconfirm peoples existing bias.

I’m not biased.

I don’t have to be, it’s a simple fact that some thought the best way to celebrate was to smash up an ambulance and a taxi and some bus stops.

What does bias have to do with that?

I’d condemn anyone, supporting any sport who did this.

If my local pigeon fanciers decided to smash up an ambulance because they won a race, I’d call them scum.

I don’t get it, are you saying these things are acceptable ?

I was talking to one of the local businesses the other day, they were saying it’s almost like they hope England lose on Wednesday.

That way they have more chance of keeping their windows intact because they are opposite a pub.

The funny thing is that if you go to the Ambulance service Facebook page where that was first reported, THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE DEFENDING those that smashed up the ambulance.

Other funny thing, now they know Millwall supporters will pay for the damage, I’ve heard next time it might be an A&E, I mean, why not ? High Spirits isn’t it ?

I find the behaviour sickening and contemptible, I can’t believe anyone would defend it, or think a few millwall fans raising a couple of grand pardons it, but there you go.
johnm wrote:Stereotypes are quite fun though ......

Silly old me !
I must have clicked on to the wrong link . The one that I was 'misdirected' to showed a pair of pot-bellied thugs bouncing up and down on the roof of some type of vehicle . But I'm sure it wasn't an ambulance though! And probably sustained very little damage .....

So there you have it folks ! Football thuggery 21st century style is carried out by an army of scantily clad blonde birds .
Can't wait for the continuation of this gripping fictional drama . Apparently , Ryan and Nathan are doing a bit of car washin' on a forecourt in S.E. London , when their van is overturned and torched by a bunch of bikini girls who had mistaken them for Croatians .

It's very convenient to deny the existence of these scumbags , but it's ,,, the same old ,,,same old,,,same old ,,,same old..............
.....................and make no mistake , these "stereotypes" are most definitely NOT "quite fun though".
Flintstone, Cessna57 liked this
By Flintstone
There must be hundreds of photos and videos of these obnoxious scumbags out there, mostly on the phones of Millwall ‘fans’.

Instead of starting a fundraiser why don’t they show true contrition, hand the evidence to the police and identify the guilty ones? That way those who should pay the repair costs, will.

Not holding my breath....... :roll:
Flintstone wrote:There must be hundreds of photos and videos of these obnoxious scumbags out there, mostly on the phones of Millwall ‘fans’.

Instead of starting a fundraiser why don’t they show true contrition, hand the evidence to the police and identify the guilty ones? That way those who should pay the repair costs, will.

Not holding my breath....... :roll:

Because there is someone on Facebook called <name removed> who has started a campaign to in his words “Not Grass Up” those who did it.

Then coincidentally some Millwall supporters started a fundraising page to pay for it.

and we’re biased and that’s acceptable.
By johnm
The pic I saw was a blonde in trainers shorts and a shirt climbing on a Skoda first response car, which had a missing mirror and she had squashed the windscreen

£5k is a an estimate for repairs to a Skoda Scout estate
By Paul_Sengupta
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-44716024

Six Spitfires in formation will accompany the England team when they fly back from the World Cup under plans drawn up by an aviation enthusiast.

Keith Perkins, director of a heritage flights company operating out of Kent, said his fleet of vintage aircraft would accompany the team back.

He had the idea after England won their first World Cup penalty shootout.
:
Mr Perkins, who runs flights out of Headcorn Aerodrome, told BBC South East he was prepared to send out the Spitfires without waiting for the semi-final or final, because the team deserved the honour simply for breaking their World Cup penalty curse.

"They're an outstanding football team and an outstanding symbol of England," he said.

"We don't know when they're coming back, but hopefully not too soon.

"We wanted to recognise their achievement and show the best side of England."
By johnm
We wanted to recognise their achievement and show the best side of England."

It may seem churlish that I find it depressing that 6 Spitfires and football team are "the best side of England" in 2018 :roll:
FFS John, give them some space - not everybody follows cycling so they can be forgiven for not knowing.

Its also possible that they are unfamiliar with the joy of a Yorkshire pudding starter, followed by a roast dinner and then fruit cake with cheese, but that is unlikely. Actually, on reflection, who on earth do they think they are!!