Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By renzokuken
Hi All,

At this moment I have LAPL licence which I got from upgrading NPPL(M) to SSEA and paper work conversion to LAPL. I am planning to upgrade it further to EASA PPL so I can get IR(R) rating and maybe CBIR in the future.

I am just thinking the best way to make the most of the 6 dual hours and 4 supervise solo required. I have an idea of doing a bit of mini tour to France and Belgium/Netherlands for these 6 hours (doing X/C with the required radio nav and instrument flying). Would this be possible?

Anyone have a better idea for making the most of the 6+4 hours?

I live in Watford, if anyone nearby (instructor/club/school), would like to offer/suggest interesting upgrade package with maximum learning opportunity, feel free to PM me, looking to do it ASAP.

And btw, I fly C172 currently.

Thanks and apologize if I use the working sub-forum for posting this.

Regards,

Renzo
Last edited by renzokuken on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am planning to upgrade it further to EASA LAPL so I can get IR(R) rating and maybe CBIR in the future.

Waiting to be corrected but believe none of those are available to an LAPL :cry:

Re-read your OP, did you really mean an "EASA PPL"?
ArrowStraight wrote:I'd need to check what you're allowed to do in those 6 hours, but Complex training comes to mind (in an Arrow if with us). Bit too late to start a Night Rating at Elstree.

Please feel free to send a PM if interested.

Thanks, I think I need to do some radio nav to satisfy the upgrade syllabus, but other than that I believe quite flexible?

Regards,
Renzo
Correct. As part of the solo flying, you will also need to do the PPL 'qualifying cross-country' (150 nm incl. 2 intermediate landings at other aerodromes).

4 hrs PIC is the minimum PIC time you need during the LAPL-to-PPL course - you can fly more PIC and less PU/T if you like, provided that it adds up to not less than 10 hr TT.
I'm also interested in doing this. Does anyone know if you can do it in your own aircraft? It's annex 2, so I'm guessing not, but I thought I would ask in case there is some perverse loophole, there is after all very little sense in the way these rules work.
nickwilcock wrote:Correct. As part of the solo flying, you will also need to do the PPL 'qualifying cross-country' (150 nm incl. 2 intermediate landings at other aerodromes).

4 hrs PIC is the minimum PIC time you need during the LAPL-to-PPL course - you can fly more PIC and less PU/T if you like, provided that it adds up to not less than 10 hr TT.

Ah thanks for the info, I didn't know that you can have less than 6 hours PUT in that 10 hours, so in theory it's OK if for example I do 5 hours P1 and 5 hours PUT as long as the upgrade syllabus (radio nav) covered?

Regards,

Renzo
Bathman wrote:It's a 10 hour course. You can't use that 10 hours as part of a night rating or aerobatics rating. All 10 hours have to be part of the LAPl to PPL course. Nothing else

HI Bathman,

What's need to be covered during the 10 hours apart from the 150nm XC? I believe it's only radio nav ? What else?

Regards,
Renzo