For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm very sorry you're not coming to open the new London embassy. It would have been an opportunity to point out that the move was planned in 2008 (in those happy pre-fake news days:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3123915/US-embassy-to-move-from-Grosvenor-Square-to-industrial-estate.html); in other words, before Obama became president. (You might want to do something about your pathological desire to blame him for everything. Not healthy.) In fact, the move was prompted by Bush-era legislation stipulating new security measures for all US embassies. Facts, huh?

But never mind, perhaps the new embassy in Beirut, which looks as if it is going be rather splendid (as it should at $1bn+), will be ready in time for you to open. There's also the new one planned for Mexico City, just don't mention the wall.

On the bright side, you've saved me the price of a train fare to London, and I hadn't started work on my placard.
johnm, Flyin'Dutch', Cowshed and 5 others liked this
By Bill Haddow
As ever, Donald has been misquoted. What he asked was which African country (Ndabaningi) Sithole had come from, but what with background noise etc he was misheard.

Fake news. Fake news.

(he was from Southern Rhodesia but had 2 spells in the US)

Bill H
johnm, Charles Hunt liked this
By PaulB
Publicity coup for Madame Tussauds today as they installd their Trump waxwork outside the new embassy

Someone wasn't impressed because later

By Jim Jones
When I saw this on the news I thought the waxwork looked more realistic than the actual person, such is the fake hair, tan etc on the Donald. Not so much fake news, as fake statesman.
johnm, PaulB, Charles Hunt liked this
By PaulB
Jim Jones wrote:When I saw this on the news I thought the waxwork looked more realistic than the actual person, such is the fake hair, tan etc on the Donald. Not so much fake news, as fake statesman.

Which is the fake statesman?
By Jim Jones
PaulB wrote:
Jim Jones wrote:When I saw this on the news I thought the waxwork looked more realistic than the actual person, such is the fake hair, tan etc on the Donald. Not so much fake news, as fake statesman.

Which is the fake statesman?

That chap in the White House, lacking in knowledge , tact, diplomacy, oratory, humility, self awareness.
By Bill Haddow
Jim Jones wrote:That chap in the White House, lacking in knowledge , tact, diplomacy, oratory, humility, self awareness.

JJ, I'm not convinced he is lacking in self awareness, I think he knows his shortcomings but doesn't give a flying Friar Tuck.

Bill H
By Katamarino
You don't become president, or a billionaire, without a reasonable helping of brains, no matter how odious you are.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Katamarino wrote:You don't become president, or a billionaire, without a reasonable helping of brains, no matter how odious you are.

He was given a fair financial leg up by his dad, and there seems to be quite a bit of information out there which suggests he has been used as a stooge for Russians requiring a washing machine.

Not sure either whether his bankruptcies are evidence of geniality.

:D

He certainly has some skills.
By Flyingfemme
Katamarino wrote:You don't become president, or a billionaire, without a reasonable helping of brains, no matter how odious you are.

My understanding was that he’s made a small fortune........but started with quite a large one. ISTR a journalist made an analysis of what he’d actually made and calculated he’d be richer if he had thrown everything into an index tracker fund.
By Katamarino
He was given a good start in life for sure, but so were many many people, and plenty throw it away or don't do much with it. I suspect that the Russian crime allegations are more hysterical left wing hopes than fact, much like the ridiculous accusations made against Hillary by some on the right. Even coming through 2 bankruptcies and still being fabulously wealthy is something of an achievement.

He seems to be a horrible human being but I think that those who write him off as being a moron are misguided. A smart, horrible human being is more dangerous than a dumb one.