For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Charles Hunt
Go down the pub, buy yourself a beer, and just think about what happened to Theresa.
By Rob P
He really is a tedious little oik.

Once he's no longer an MEP I fear I can see a career as a professional 'celebrity' working the reality show circuit beckoning for him.

Rob P
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
In another 20 years, that's what we'll be calling her. After all, Angela Merkel is known as "Mutti".

I predict Theresa May losing the Brexit bill vote in Parliament; followed by a confidence vote; and her subsequent re-election on a remain platform leading to a vote to retract the Article 50 letter.
By Cessna57
Pete L wrote:In another 20 years, that's what we'll be calling her. After all, Angela Merkel is known as "Mutti".

I predict Theresa May losing the Brexit bill vote in Parliament; followed by a confidence vote; and her subsequent re-election on a remain platform leading to a vote to retract the Article 50 letter.

We can but hope.
johnm liked this
By PeteSpencer
Why is Angela Merkel able to throw her weight about and pontificate about what the EU will and will not grant the UK when she still hasn't formed herself a government following her recent election defeat?

Peter
By johnm
PeteSpencer wrote:Why is Angela Merkel able to throw her weight about and pontificate about what the EU will and will not grant the UK when she still hasn't formed herself a government following her recent election defeat?

Peter

I'm not aware that she has been pontificating, do you have a reference?
Last edited by johnm on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Flyin'Dutch'
I cannot fathom why he has come out to say this, really odd.

There will be a logical reason for it but we don't know yet what it is.

Will be interesting to see what it is in due course, Suspect money but can't see where that would be coming from.
By FlarePath
As to Farage it's long past the time he should have been sectioned under the mental health act as a danger to others. He's alright Jack whatever happens.

A bit libelous IMHO, the man spoke on behalf of a lot of people in this country and got a brilliant result. He doesn't deserve that kind of vitriol.
Twinnshock, Flying_john, Spooky and 1 others liked this
By johnm
I have deleted my abusive para in respect of Farage and suggest that @FlarePath delete the post in response. While I recognise that Farage spoke for a lot of people, he was reflecting opinions held by a good few but backed by not one tiny shred of evidence. A bar room is indeed the appropriate place for his level of debate I fear :-(
By Paultheparaglider
johnm wrote:I have deleted my abusive para in respect of Farage and suggest that @FlarePath delete the post in response. While I recognise that Farage spoke for a lot of people, he was reflecting opinions held by a good few but backed by not one tiny shred of evidence. A bar room is indeed the appropriate place for his level of debate I fear :-(

I think FlarePath should leave it there.

Sadly, johnm, you probably don't realise that your subsequent post is just as offensive. Rather than just limit your opinion to Farage, you have now simply widened it to what we know you see as a thick electorate. You are completely unable to accept that, for many of us, we voted for Brexit because we believed it was, on balance, the correct thing to do.

There really won't be any black and white outcome - it will always be shades of grey that will arise out of compromise and necessity. Much the same as if the vote had been for remain.

What is ironic is that it is exactly the elitist, intellectual arrogance that you continue to display on here that is the reason we are where we are. You are part of the problem, and will never be part of any real world solution until you open your mind a bit.

In respect of the substantive issue as to whether it is wise to have another referendum on the finalised terms of Brexit, I can't think of anything more guaranteed to frustrate any chance of constructive exit negotiations. It will be a lose / lose for certain for both Britain and the EU, and will merely add another layer of unwanted, and unwarranted, uncertainty.
gasman, Flying_john, seanxair and 4 others liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
FlarePath wrote:A bit libelous IMHO, the man spoke on behalf of a lot of people in this country and got a brilliant result. He doesn't deserve that kind of vitriol.

Maybe it was written in poor taste, but not libellous I think, but having removed is will certainly not do any harm.

There are plenty of reasons, going on NF's utterances and behaviours, to dislike the chap without having to resort to an opinion about his wellbeing, physical or otherwise.

Just as there are plenty of good reasons to dislike Sarah Sanders, the White House Press secretary, without having to refer to her dress sense.

There are currently other people in the public gaze, who's behaviour is causing concerns about their wellbeing and fitness for office is being questioned.

@Paultheparaglider

Is your post any better than the one you vilify @johnm for?