What are you planning? Where shall we go?
EDIT. Detailed entry and guidance procedure notes are on Page 7 of this thread. Please read the notes and confirm your interest.

To many powered aircraft pilots, gliding sites are a bit of a mystery because they tend to be no go areas. I am trying to organise a flyin at BGGC, Nympsfield http://bggc.co.uk/ to try and show what goes on there and to introduce more people to the great facilities on the airfield. It is about 80 acres on the top of the Cotswolds with a fabulous gliding club, a large clubhouse and a very nice cafe with a huge variety of "cake" :D

Although the field is not generally open to GA because of the activities there, it could be a good opportunity for an exchange of information and views between the different groups.

Still a bit to do but if I get enough response I will try and arrange something late spring / early summer. I will try and make it a bit more than just a flyin :scratch:

Please let me know if it appeals.
Last edited by Waveflyer on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
kanga liked this
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Good plan!
Joe
I can only speculate on why PPR was difficult for you!
Roger Targett Aviation has a hangar on the field where they cater for all types of light aircraft.
You correctly point out an RV9A had a nosewheel collapse. Shall we start a list of airfields where aeroplanes have been damaged?
youngman1 liked this
Waveflyer wrote:Joe
I can only speculate on why PPR was difficult for you!
Roger Targett Aviation has a hangar on the field where they cater for all types of light aircraft.
You correctly point out an RV9A had a nosewheel collapse. Shall we start a list of airfields where aeroplanes have been damaged?

On another occasion I was dropped off there to collect an aircraft. A favour by another pilot. When doing his pre take-off power checks, a gliding club jobsworth drove a pick-up across the front of his aircraft and stopped. He got out, told my friend to shut down and proceeded to tell him off for being in the wrong place.

Friendly isn't how I'd describe the place. :( Maybe I should get a silly hat :?