For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
skydriller wrote:
I would be very interested to know what your rights are when something like this happens. I would be even more interested to know what rights you have in an aeroplane, because of the safety aspect of someone unqualified to do so taking an aeroplane apart..

As this thread is about le Chunnel I doubt many aircraft will be stopped. :D :D :D
flybymike wrote:I can’t see that a government body has any right to wreck people’s private possessions.

Reasonable cause innit.

I doubt that you will have any recourse.

Ditto when you get arrested and there is no further action, you think you can send the coppers a bill for your time 'wasted'

Give it a go and let us know how you get on!

:D :D

If it doesn't work we will send cake with file.
Bill Haddow wrote:I'm cynical enough to believe that in the real world, if faced with a substantial bill to fix a car after a fruitless search, there would be a great temptation for a searcher to "find" a small quantity of something naughty ...

Bill H

In the complete absence of a smiley, that is one hell of an accusation.....

Peter
Bill Haddow wrote:I'm cynical enough to believe that in the real world, if faced with a substantial bill to fix a car after a fruitless search, there would be a great temptation for a searcher to "find" a small quantity of something naughty ...

Bill H

I was ‘threatened’ with similar on my return from Germany (back in 2002ish). I’d spotted 30+ people jumping out of trailers and legging it through the ferry terminal. I thought I’d be helpful and mentioned it to the chap at passport control who said “do you want us to search your vehicle?”

I didn’t say anything else :lol:

However that’s the only issue I’ve had with border control. Generally they’re fine, apart from the usual slowness.
Spooky wrote:I was ‘threatened’ with similar on my return from Germany (back in 2002ish). I’d spotted 30+ people jumping out of trailers and legging it through the ferry terminal. I thought I’d be helpful and mentioned it to the chap at passport control who said “do you want us to search your vehicle?”

That would have not done anything for my blood pressure and smells very fishy.

Awful.