Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
neilld wrote:I've used SD Lite previously (until Windows 10 arrived)

Doesn't it work in Win 10? I wouldn't know - I keep a Windows XP Virtualbox machine hanging around with Silverlight etc installed on it, specifically to use SDL.

Admittedly a slightly kludgy way to do things, but offers a degree of security and future-proofing. Particularly considering that Silverlight's a deprecated technology.
neilld wrote:
RichardPearse wrote:
neilld wrote:I've used SD Lite previously (until Windows 10 arrived)

Doesn't it work in Win 10?
No. I also have a venerable XP machine for such purposes

Windows 10 isn't the issue as such, the modern browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) have issues with Silverlight. However if you go to Start/Windows Accessories you will find good old fashioned IE11 which will run SD light.
This is my W10 laptop running it.
By roweda
There appears to be an issue with a GPX file created in SD Light on an iPad when being imported into EasyVFR basic on Android platforms, either by dropping the file into UKAAImport folder or launching it via Dropbox.

The same file is opening correctly on EasyVFR basic on IOS.

This is being investigated.
Last edited by roweda on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardPearse liked this
Its working for me. I've just created simple a gpx file in SDLite, using Firefox (v 52.4.0 esr) on a Windows 10 laptop and imported it into EasyVFR Basic via the UKAAImport folder on my Nexus 7 tablet.

Brooklands
By neilld
malcolmfrost wrote:
neilld wrote:
RichardPearse wrote:

Windows 10 isn't the issue as such, the modern browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) have issues with Silverlight. However if you go to Start/Windows Accessories you will find good old fashioned IE11 which will run SD light.
This is my W10 laptop running it.

Good shout thanks.
I was actually told by the SD guy at Sywell this year that it wouldn't work in Win 10 so I believed him.
Perhaps I can now retire my vintage netbook after many years of faithful service.
By neilld
Brooklands wrote:Its working for me. I've just created simple a gpx file in SDLite, using Firefox (v 52.4.0 esr) on a Windows 10 laptop and imported it into EasyVFR Basic via the UKAAImport folder on my Nexus 7 tablet.

Brooklands

Yep, works OK. Win 10/IE11 into EasyVFR Basic import folder.

DFN
By Sooty25
neilld wrote:
Brooklands wrote:Its working for me. I've just created simple a gpx file in SDLite, using Firefox (v 52.4.0 esr) on a Windows 10 laptop and imported it into EasyVFR Basic via the UKAAImport folder on my Nexus 7 tablet.

Brooklands

Yep, works OK. Win 10/IE11 into EasyVFR Basic import folder.

DFN

Works here. Win7 Firefox, EasyVFR on Android Samsung Tab 7. What I was doing before was not saving the GPX in the import folder. If you run a GPX from any other location, it boots EasyVFR but then crashes.
By dansmusic
Cub wrote:
roweda wrote:
Cub wrote:Still no joy getting it working with SkyEcho. Shame

HI Cub, I am using the Skyecho 2 with Skydemon nd notised your post about easyVFR. Just wondering if you ever got it to work ? Thanks, Dan G-MUSO
By roweda
In response to a post by dansmusic on the EasyVFR FB page the following guidance has been given:

The SkyEcho2 uses the standard GDL90 protocol over UDP port 4000. In EasyVFR choose Menu->Nav Tools->Settings, scroll to “GDL90 settings”. Set this page accordingly to the screenshot below. Please note the extra functionality of the SkyEcho2 (Flarm non-directional targets for free and decoded FLARM targets for a small yearly fee of 35€) is currently not available in EV3, but will be available in EasyVFR4. We’ve worked closely with uAvionix for this, and currently we are in the process of implementing bearingless mode C targets with them also.
Flyin'Dutch', dansmusic liked this