Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By neilld
I think he's being very helpful given the price of the product. I suspect this is a Google issue otherwise why would the PC and Android versions of Google play show different release dates with same version. Don't think we can blame roweda for Google issues.
By roweda
For all users who were seeing the old version on Android Play Store, please check again on Play Store and the new version should be available.

It would appear that Google by default set a release to only target 50% of installations if over a particular threshold. This is a new feature and the setting has now been amended to 100% so all installations should be auto updated or available for manual updating depending on your own settings.

The saving of some settings on Android devices is still being investigated and we will update as soon as possible.
Paultheparaglider liked this
By neilld
Sorry to be a pain but it doesn't seem to be saving changes to size of objects after exiting (using the red X exit button) and restarting. (Objects return to their original (default) size. Any thoughts?
By roweda
neilld wrote:Sorry to be a pain but it doesn't seem to be saving changes to size of objects after exiting (using the red X exit button) and restarting. (Objects return to their original (default) size. Any thoughts?

Neilld

You are certainly not being a pain. As reported above, there appears to be some issues being experienced with saving settings on Android devices. This is being investigated and I will post an update as soon as there is news.
By roweda
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I'm in Wales as well, perhaps we're in a time warp.

johnny3star2 wrote:I forced a shutdown of the App and reloaded it.

Try using the Exit thing on the app to exit instead. It probably saves the data on exiting.

Paul_Sengupta wrote:update/install it

Actually my other devices it says I already have the latest version installed. I thought it might have auto updated on one I set to auto update but it hadn't. As mentioned, I uninstalled and re-installed, but I got the same version back.

Paul - FYI, only the Android version of the App has an Exit button. Apple don't allow us to have one. :wall:
By Cub
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have fiddling around trying to get the iOS App to run with a SkyEcho all day but without success. Any help getting another exciting possibility working would be much appreciated.
By roweda
Cub wrote:I have fiddling around trying to get the iOS App to run with a SkyEcho all day but without success. Any help getting another exciting possibility working would be much appreciated.

Cub

I have posted your question on the PocketFMS forum for the GDL90 experts to assist. I have searched through the SkyEcho documentation but I can't find the config values to use.

The post can be seen at: https://www.pocketfms.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 910#p87910, although you may need to register for the forum.

I will keep an eye out for the fix for you.
Hi Dave
The GDL90 issue may be UDP related rather than tha data.
What sources have you used to test UDP ?

When I connect to Pilotaware over TCP all is fine, over UDP, it keeps reporting
Position error
Which I guess means it is not receiving the broadcasts

We have fully tested UDP against XCSoar on KoBo and Android- and works fine

Thx
Lee
By Pcdabbler
The update did not take on my andriod tablet yesterday . It re-installed the older version despite selecting the New Easyvfr basic from the play store. However, 24hrs later I checked for updates and the new version was available and it has now correctly updated. Must be some sort of cache problem ?