Group flying opportunities & questions
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Our syndicate at White Waltham has sold our aeroplane and is disbanding. However (approximately) six of us plan to form a new syndicate, aiming at reasonably affordable tailwheel flying. We're all experienced people, including a couple of instructors - but have no bias against low hour pilots so long as they fly well and are prepared to pull their weight on the syndicate.

The plan at the moment is White Waltham based, with a permit to fly "group A" taildragger. We hope that the right aeroplane can work at about £2,100 share price, £50/month and £60/hr wet.

If you're interested in coming on board as a possible additional member - our ideal is 8-10 members, but we're already viable at 6, then please drop me a note. With any luck we want to get the new syndicate up and running within a couple of months - and we're already taking a look at some possible aeroplanes.

G
By Genghis the Engineer
More or less abandoned unfortunately - there wasn't enough critical mass and most people have drifted off in other directions.

That said, there are two of us left looking for a new syndicate, and a few expressions of interest. A 2+2 taildragger is likely to be the right answer.

Personally I'm electing however now not to lookhard until the spring when I've sorted some unrelated things out that are taking up time and money I'd rather be spending on a new syndicate aeroplane.

G
By Human Factor
Matty2087 wrote:Why a tail dragger?

I am a member at WW and am currently looking for a share there.

They're generally a bit more characterful and interesting, especially to land.

A lot of WW shares are word of mouth so may not be advertised. Ask about. :thumleft:
Did you get your tail dragger group up and running?

I am still at WW just hiring the club PA28s. I'm still looking but there doesn't seem to be much interesting available.

I also had a look at the Europa but had the same issue being too tall.

Ideally I would like to get an Eurostart EV-97 at Waltham.

Matt
By Genghis the Engineer
Matty2087 wrote:Did you get your tail dragger group up and running?

I am still at WW just hiring the club

No. - everybody drifted into various other directions. I'm now in another syndicate at WW. It has a training wheel at the front, but other than than is suiting me very well.

There is a Luscombe share going at the moment - is that worth a look?

G
Genghis the Engineer wrote:
Matty2087 wrote:Did you get your tail dragger group up and running?

I am still at WW just hiring the club

No. - everybody drifted into various other directions. I'm now in another syndicate at WW. It has a training wheel at the front, but other than than is suiting me very well.

There is a Luscombe share going at the moment - is that worth a look?

G

Hi Genghis

The Luscombe look nice but I was after something a little less antique than the Luscombe.

What syndicate did you end up getting involved in? Do you know any of the other Syndicates at WW?

Matt
By Genghis the Engineer
I probably know no more than anybody else who eats lunch there regularly and tends to browse the noticeboard.

I bought into a syndicate operating a Bolkow Monsun, which I'm still getting to know, but enjoying thoroughly.

Incidentally, what I did - after over a year of trying and failing to find a syndicate that suited me, is put a notice up on the sales-and-wants board at WW with "WLAC pilot looking for syndicate" my mugshot so people would recognise me, and a few lines summarising what sort of aeroplane I was looking for and my qualifications and experience.

About a month later I got a call from a chap who said "I think I may be trying to sell what you're looking for", and it turned out - he was.

G
treborsnave liked this