A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
By seanjd
I bought this on 22/02/17 from Bournemouth Avionics for £1188, and after a bit of thought have decided not to fit it in my Champ.
I have not claimed for the EASA grant.

Anyone interested?
I would like what I paid for it.

Sean
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hi Seanjd - I m sorry to be the bearer of unwelcome news but I think it is unlikely anyone will pay what you paid for your radio even if it is still wrapped and sealed up.

You see generally you lose about 1/3rd of an items value as soon as you walk out of the shop. This third takes into account the VAT and the shops profit and the fact that the warranty will have started based on your receipt date.

I have seen some surprising prices fetched on ebay for 8.33 radios, and humbly suggest you may get best value by advertising it there and then possibly putting a link back on here.

If I am wrong and you have already managed to sell it then good news.

Just my tuppence worth !
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Bobcro
Flying_john wrote:Hi Seanjd - I m sorry to be the bearer of unwelcome news and the fact that the warranty will have started based on your receipt date.

Just my tuppence worth !

This is something that I have objected to for years. The warranty should start when it is first put into use or say 2 years after purchase whichever is the sooner. It doesn't deteriorate in its box providing it is stored correctly.

The paperwork trail will show the dates.

It may have been in dealer stock for years.

Just my tuppence worth!