Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
NATS have just launched their Airspace Explorer app which is a bit like Flight Radar 24 but with the enhancement of live radar data for the UK rather than just ADS-B. Details here: http://www.nats.aero/news/uk-air-traffi ... cking-app/

Might be interesting!
Paul_Sengupta, rats404 liked this
By Lefty
Just downloaded it. Looks very interesting.

I've just left it zoomed in on the White Waltham area to see if, and and what level it will spot a/c departing from EGLM?

No if only we could get reliable data service whilst in the air ??
By JonathanB
That's on FR24 too but with less detail off the coast. It's only a CAA exam flight anyway - probably an IR test.

When the app was in testing I did point out a couple of tracks which probably shouldn't have been shown (bizjet stuff filtered from FR24 for example) and I think they have now taken that into acccount.
By Lefty
I just started to type this to say that I was disappointed that I couldn't see any of the Waltham a/c that were on frequency - including one or two that radio'd that they were at Woodley at 2300Ft - but still dod not appear.

However just as I was typing the above, G WWAL just took off - and popped up on Explorer at around 350ft. So why are all the others not showing? Surely they can't all have their transponders turned off?

I do think that Airspace Explorer should display altitude as part of the callsign block. FR24 is more useful in this respect.