Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Jetblu
TractorBoy wrote:Personally I'd just leave them there. Post some guards around them to make sure they can't disrupt operations, and let the airport continue as normal.

That is just too easy, and anyway, since when has common sense ever prevailed.
By Cessna57
If you breach security and get squished, whose fault is it ?

How much damage to an aircraft would a person strike do.

We're back to standing on top of Rougham Control Tower,

"These barriers are ridiculous, someone could easily climb over them and fall and get hurt, you could kill yourself"

"I suggest you don't climb over them then"
By Sooty25
Mike Tango wrote:I suppose if three protesters have made it airside and inside an aircraft, you have to make sure protesters four, five, six etc aren't anywhere else on the airfield, at which point discretion becomes the better part of valour.

a couple of well placed snippers would solve the problem of 4,5 and 6.
townleyc, Lockhaven liked this
Sooty25 wrote:
Mike Tango wrote:I suppose if three protesters have made it airside and inside an aircraft, you have to make sure protesters four, five, six etc aren't anywhere else on the airfield, at which point discretion becomes the better part of valour.

I'll get my pinking shears, then we'll see what's what ;)
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member

Well, yes, I can see that just clipping them would be less of a legal liability than killing them, OTOH going round with sets of handcuffs,/tiewraps and securing the protestors against self-release, would leave any "free " protesters the choice of legging it, or arguing with a well-laden jet-airliner.....in which case, a well-handed paintball gun would distract them and simultaneously mark them "for further attention" :twisted:
By EddieHeli
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
TractorBoy wrote:
Personally I'd just leave them there. Post some guards around them to make sure they can't disrupt operations, and let the airport continue as normal.

A day of cold, hunger, thirst and lying in their own faeces will soon have them volunteering to move.

And I'd have the airport fire service using them for water practice. It's bad enough trying to deport people from this country as it is with the Legal system we have, so when we eventually get past those issues this lot decide that we should still not get them deported. I say stick then all on the plane with the deportees, as they obviously don't like living under our laws.
tcinbg liked this
By Josh
Had I been up there with 5 minutes holding fuel and Luton (fills up faster than a thimble in monsoon when things get busy) as my alternate I would have been in the "hanging's too good for them" brigade and hot footing it to Gatwick on a "Minimum Fuel" call!
By Sooty25
lobstaboy wrote:
Sooty25 wrote:

I'll get my pinking shears, then we'll see what's what ;)

oh geez, public ridicule again, what a ****! you'd never believe i'm a member of a gun club and own a rifle with a 'scope would you! :wall: :wall: