For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
stevelup wrote:The woman behind us quite literally screamed with hysterical force 10 laughter every time the chap spoke. First world problem I know, but it was really disturbing...

I apologise for my friend Sarah...
By Rob P
Have we done people who can't survive a 90 minute cinema film without a supply of nacho, popcorn and coke sufficient to keep the average Somalian alive for several months?

Rob P
By Waveflyer
Rob

Do you find it lowers the tone of the place when you are watching the film and diner is being served? :D
By MercianMarcus
People (OK let's be honest, my GF) who denies saying something I know she said. Recording all conversations - see Father Ted - seems like overkill. But I have to resort to it.

By matthew_w100
Websites which have pop-ups (often menus) as you mouse-over bits. Particularly when the pop-up hides the bit you were trying to get to. I hate that and cannot think of a context where it is useful. I want to positively click on something to cause a change.

And coat hangers.
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Altimeter setting discussions?

I'm surprised @Rob P (otherwise extremely vocal on this thread) hasn't mentioned it already?!

Morten
Rob P, Waveflyer liked this
By kanga
Real example this week:

Ancient (as such things go) DVD player died a while ago. Some new discs received for Christmas.

This week bought a new DVD/BluRay player. Needs HDMI cable 'supplied (except in UK/Eire)' as discovered only on the instructions inside, only when we got it home. :evil:
By haggis
Adverts that tell me I need to have a funeral plan, or £6 to save donkey, or that I'm going to die of cancer or something else, the need for some sort of reclining chair and of course a stair lift. I don't want to be depressed, I want to be cheered up but doom and gloom are the order of the day. All this when watching still open all hours.
seanjd liked this