For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Morten wrote:Speaking of which, apparently the Twin Peaks series is being brought back to our screens from May onwards :-)

I must have had a sheltered upbringing - I thought of shorter opening times. :D
By Cessna57
Rob P wrote:
GolfHotel wrote:fog lights on in over 1/2 miles visibility thus making it difficult to see brake light. Grrrrrrr.

Manufacturers who fit two rear hi-intensity fog lights for some reason of symmetry, thus making it harder to discriminate between them and brake lights.

Rob P

That's not the manufacturers.
Most modern cars have a place both left and right where you can put a bulb for fog lights. Must be some sort of "sided" European thing.

Our new car came with a bulb in only one of them. Having a brain larger than a pea, I've not put a bulb in the other side.

Evidence suggests that there are those (usually of the MaxPower magazine persuasion I think) who put a bulb in the empty socket for some reason, without thinking first.

I used to have a friend who was quite proud of the fact that he was of the "MaxPower persuasion", we used to have very interesting conversations, he fully admitted he was a nonsensical ****, but said he enjoyed it anyway.

(Think lowered and buffed Peugeot 205, with special carbon fibre bits bolted on etc etc)
By stevelup
Rob P wrote:Yes. Company car drivers, just like they do now.

Quite... but you have to remember that an awful lot of companies will not be paying the price on the pump.

I fill up 99% of the time at BP motorway service stations (as do most of my employees) - but we're paying less than supermarket fuel prices. Can't claim Nectar points though :lol:
By Rob P
And all those who shoot video on their phone and can't be bothered to turn the thing to landscape format

Rob P
By Rob P
And the car manufacturers who make it impossible to use front 'fog' lights without dipped headlights also being on, thus rendering them pointless in fog. (Again - this is possibly axe-grinding. Sorry Ian)

Rob P
By rohmer
So .... it looks like "look" is joining "so" as an unnecessary prefix to a sentence. It was commonly used by Blair and then by Cameron as an opener to an interview response but when football pundits use it several times in one sentence, what the ...? Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised, but I struggle not being irritated.
By pat
BMW parked in disabled space with no blue card
x 5 4x4 BMW parked in disabled space no blue card
x10 4x4 BMW with blond mummy parked in disabled space ditto

Why are they always BMW's ?
By Rob P
Half of them are there to make up reasons why you can't do something that might accidentally add to the profitability of a company, the other half are there to check the rules are complied with.

Rob P
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
seanjd wrote:HR :x
WTF is the purpose of any Human Resources Department :?

It were called "Personnel" in my day lad.
seanjd liked this