Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I've found it, but I won't say yet.
It's not the River Crouch sorry chevvron.

Instead I'll take the opportunity to post another one of my snaps from last year looking out from the port side. The clue is that had I taken a photo out of the starboard side instead, it would have shown the estuary in chrisadams's photo, albeit from a different angle.

Who can now identify the location?

By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm a bit baffled here. I first thought it was 'Sierra' by Reading but that is quite different. Then I tried using Google and I didn't really find anything. You brits love the 'huge roundabout' type of intersections, so there aren't that many of these sort of cloverleaf types around and the ones I looked at were all (subtly or not so subtly) different. The closest one to it I could find was the one next to Heathrow, M25/M4, but if it were that one, there should have been some water in the picture. (And you would be infringing :-)

'tis a mystery :thumright:

Morten
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
FlightDek wrote:I think it's the M25/M23 junction but I had to cheat and use Google maps.

Hmm. I never even checked that - I remember it as being much 'taller'. But taking into account that, seen from the air, it looks a lot flatter than it appears when you drive through it, I think you are right. And my excuse is that whenever I am in that neck of the woods, I am looking at/for Redhill traffic and not at the ground :wink: :oops:

Morten