Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
ChampChump wrote:I may be mis-reading your post, Skydriller, but certainly not all flights are being met with customs/immigration, or weren't two weeks ago..
Im talking of commercial flights at Bordeaux. I fly to work via Amsterdam and in the last 6+ months have ALWAYS had my passport checked to/from Bordeaux. It started just before Christmas last year. Before that there wasnt even a booth in place for an immigration guy to sit at...

As I understand it, the above checks are a result of the security response in France and hence the NOTAM being enforced, so it should be the same at any airport with commercial flights.

Regards, SD
Caen now requires 24 hours notice. :(

There are not many options left if you want a bit of flexibility.

A) LFRK
B) 16/09/22 00:00 C) 16/12/21 23:59
E) CUSTOMS: MON-SUN PN 24HR REF AIP FRANCE AD 2 LFRK 3 VAC AD 2 LFRK TXT 3
I wonder how much longer such documents will be published in English, and how much more inconvenient it will become for us to fly to countries in the EU. I don't suppose GA requirements will be a high priority to the three Brexiteers flying on a wing and a prayer.
By GrahamB
Well, at least Ireland and Malta that I can think of have English as an official language, so documents will continue to be published in those languages.

We're not in the Schengen area now, so I can't see that much would change regarding immigration checks - we will still have to enter France via ports of entry. It's conceivable that customs checks could become a bit more frequent and intrusive, depending what customs agreement we end up with.
Re seagull vomit, I think you will find it more palatable if you follow the Frogs and add croutons, rouille, and grated (fake) Emmenthal to it.

This saga is yet another bit of proof that the French are fully prepared to be vindictive re Brexit. Where is Nelson when you need him?!

They could cut an awful lot of costs in their security forces if they just eliminated overlap. Consider how many different sort of cops they have......
Last edited by flighty tyke on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lefty
flighty tyke wrote: This saga is yet another bit of proof that the French are fully prepared to be vindictive re Brexit. Where is Nelson when you need him?!

They could ave an awful lot of costs in their security forces if they just eliminated overlap. Consider how many different sort of cops they have......

You are barking up the wrong tree here. The French Government is essentially bankrupt and they introduced these cost saving reductions something like 2 years ago - e.g. Long before the Brexit vote. After all, why pay for 10 or so customs officers all year round at every teeny airfield that maybe gets a dozen non schengen arrivals per year.

They used to have over 200 customs airfields which is a lot of expensive bodies. They first reduced it to about 35 - which they have now increased to 73. The big surprise is that Toussus, Meaux or Lognes (all near Paris) have lost their customs status.
Well yes, but you miss my broader point that the French state is too big, and that there is way too much overlap in their security forces. But because of fiefdoms, and an unwillingness to address public sector employment levels, Little will change.
By Lefty
flighty tyke wrote:Well yes, but you miss my broader point that the French state is too big, and that there is way too much overlap in their security forces. But because of fiefdoms, and an unwillingness to address public sector employment levels, Little will change.

I apologise if my immigrant's command of English is deficient, but I thought your comments were very specific - not at all broad. You said these cuts were a reprisal for Brexit - which they weren't. They have also made a couple of thousand customs officers redundant.

I agree with your other comments. Have you seen the French employment laws ?? Ouch !
I've updated a graphic map showing the current 73 French Air ports of entry, some with indication of PPR/PNR required. Check directly with your destination in case of change of requirements.

https://batchgeo.com/map/ce6712cc0c8cd4 ... 0f487f1d9b
G-BLEW, 2Donkeys, Rob P and 4 others liked this