Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By neilgeddes
Hello, how are the runway and taxiways with all this rain? Is the airfield open to fly in? I'm hoping to come down Friday lunchtime. Thank you.
By malcolmfrost
Just visited today, Carla is now ensconced next to the tower on the South side, lot's of work going on, they've just expanded the outside eating area.
No PPR, just call up inbound. Runway and taxiway in good nick. Visitors parking, down the concrete taxiway, and there are some boards with letters on
£10 for a Cherokee.
They are hopeful that they'll have fuel soon.
By malcolmfrost
Southern side of the runway and taxiway a bit soggy yesterday, but Northern OK.
Fuel mid December they're hoping for....
By CaptChaos
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Doesn't look like there has been an update for some while. A chap has taken on the lease from the two microlight guys that bought it. He has lots of plans to add facilities and some are already installed like the hot tub. Sauna, chill out area, hovercraft rides and track (being tested last Friday) and overnight accommodation. The cafe is now licenced too.

Edit
The new custodian is Danial Subhani and some of the new features are listed below:

Fully licensed bar
A variety of food options including the on-site bistro and Dan’s famous BBQ cooking
Aromatherapy and hydro-massage showers
Hot tub spa
New “wellness” pilot relaxation area
Giant social firepit area
Last edited by CaptChaos on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LAA Rally Man
Charles Hunt wrote:Sorry only just seen this.

Not been since my original post, but have been three times in the last couple of months, and the runway seems well cared for and tended.

I am a very low hours pilot and have no hesitation in taking a Warrior in 2 up. Don't see any issues for 3 up, and I wouldn't take a Warrior anywhere four up!

I learned to fly at Sandown, rather a long time ago. We used to leave there of a winter's evening to return to Bournemouth 4 up in a tired Cherokee 140 (once even carrying a spare propeller), so you could certainly do it in an Archer! :wink:
By Rob P
Charles Hunt wrote: I wouldn't take a Warrior anywhere four up!

I have.

Quimper, La Boule, Deauville, Jersey, Guernsey, Cherbourg, Le Havre, Calais, Caen etc etc etc
By Charles Hunt
I think this reflects our comparative masses, and possibly that of any proposed passengers.

Rob and Sandra plus two further svelte passengers then probably OK.

Myself and PaulS - crikey, we'd barely be able to carry enough pastys and cake to last a three hour leg.
Paul_Sengupta liked this