For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Steve D
Indeed! I figured I'd risk it, not being a head of a national institution and all, I don't have so much to lose.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I can hear them warming up their banjos.
By cockney steve
My mother drove some years in Grand Bahama.......resident on the IoW, she couldn't cope with a manual gearbox....IIRC, she had 17 tests, before some idiot adjudicator from the mainland sat in on an appealed retest....she knew the one roundabout and 2 sets of traffic-lights better than any of them........absolutely lethal on the mainland! ....never had an accident, but the carnage behind her :shock: .

Unfortunately, the Government relies on the huge premium we are prepared to pay for personal,efficient transport.....despite all the bull, if even 25% of motorists decided to use the public cattle-cars, the country would grind to a halt....that's why almost any clown can learn how to pass the test and get a licence, despite being totally devoid of anticipation, roadcraft, understanding of basic vehicle dynamics......... Naa...forget their subsidised bus fares....road tax, fuel tax, insurance-premium-tax....parking revenue....fines revenue....... and the government doesn't have to increase the fleets of subsidised "public transport" either!

cynic? moi? :lol:
By MercianMarcus
Having logged into my bank I'm now (new improved system) presented with a screen that says: "Welcome to online banking." I then have to click OK to get to anything useful.

What kind of utter cretin thinks that is a good user experience?!
By Ian Melville
Bit like this forum where to move to a new forum using the ' jump to' takes a scroll to the bottom, then one more click than going back to the index. Thought 'jump to' was supposed to save time not waste it :roll:
By Flintstone
MercianMarcus wrote:Having logged into my bank I'm now (new improved system) presented with a screen that says: "Welcome to online banking." I then have to click OK to get to anything useful.

What kind of utter cretin thinks that is a good user experience?!

The same sort of person who adds the word 'Solutions' to the end of their bleedin' obvious company name.

Plumbing Solutions.

Lighting Solutions.

Gardening Solutions.

Waste Solutions.

(Ad nauseum)....
By Flintstone
Or a way of stopping that water from escaping. It ain't difficult.
By MercianMarcus
Flintstone wrote:Or a way of stopping that water from escaping. It ain't difficult.

Can you come and fix my shower please? All the plumbers in Staffordshire seem to find it difficult. We went so far as to have the whole thing ripped out, and a new base, new shower and it re-tiled, and it still leaked. I had to put up with no shower, dust, whistling, constant playing of some egregious radio station that would surely turn the brain of any sentient being to mush ... all for nothing.

Plumbers <- another pet hate. Not has bad as the cretins who write banking software, but surely up there in the top 10.
By GolfHotel
stevelup wrote:It didn't end well for the last person who slagged off the Isle of Wight :lol:

I thought everyone slagged off the IoW?

Although it was a nice touch to slag off dodering cockwombles.
By GolfHotel
PeteSpencer wrote:I drove from Bury St Eds to Kings Lynn last week.
After the A 11 Thetford bypass there are about three places where one can safely overtake in 35 miles and we were about no 12 in a procession behind 3 or 4 HGVs, a tractor or two and a caravan.

In my rear mirror I could see a BMW in a hurry pulling in and out and eventually passing the cars behind me one by one with accompanying headlamp flashing from oncoming traffic .

He flashed past me ( pers. number plate noted) and repeated the performance with multiple sudden brake lights from traffic ahead before I lost sight of him.

30 mins later as we pulled up to the A10/A47 roundabout traffic lights , to filter left for West Lynn, behold, same BMW with pers number plate alongside us in the long queue to go straight on into K Lynn:

Time saved by such driving? Zero minutes, Risks taked/angered fellow motorists ? probably dozens.

sometimes it's good to plod...... :wink:

I never thought I could feel sympathetically towards a BMW driver. But Peter has made me realise that they are much maligned by the doddery cockwombles of this world.

no offence intended PS. :mrgreen:
By Paul_Sengupta
GolfHotel wrote:
stevelup wrote:It didn't end well for the last person who slagged off the Isle of Wight :lol:

I thought everyone slagged off the IoW?

GolfHotel liked this