To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By Rob L
Can we return to square (or rectangular) avatars please. There is no purpose in round ones other than satisfying the ego of the software writer, and he/she is surely being paid to do what the site owner wants :?:
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I am surprised no one has commented on the way thread titles change line in the middle of a word, am i the only person that finds it annoying when a title goes for example:-
"Flying an Aeropl
ane"
Or for a real example in GA :-
"Weekend weather forec
ast"

:?: :cry:
By Rob L
No, you are not alone (as they say).

Also, hyphenation at an inappropriate stage of a word or sentence implies that the software designer actually has no realistic classical or traditional understanding of the English language. The picture below is a screen capture of a post posted by me just a few minutes ago. My post had no hyphens. If a reader saw this in a printed & published book (or magazine) a reader might not bother buying another.

By PaulB
Rob, I wonder if the hyphenation is being done on your PC/browser. The server won't necessarily know what size your screen is, so won't know where to hyphenate. Also, I've just tried making the window smaller and larger and see no hyphenation at all.
By Rob L
PaulB wrote:Rob, I wonder if the hyphenation is being done on your PC/browser. The server won't necessarily know what size your screen is, so won't know where to hyphenate. Also, I've just tried making the window smaller and larger and see no hyphenation at all.

Unlikely, Paul: it does not happen under any other circumstances.
By Rob L
If I write a nice long sentence correctly spelled and with all the short words in the right order, I wonder what response I will get, compared with a sentence written with compunctuously elongated semifragmentedly disingenuous humungously ridiculous words.

Let us see where the hyphens appear.
By PaulB
I see no hyphens at all even when I make the window as narrow as the browser allows it to be.

Edited to add, I do get hyphenated words in Safari when I resize the window, but not at all in Chrome (both on a Mac OSX)
By PaulB
PaulB wrote:I see no hyphens at all even when I make the window as narrow as the browser allows it to be.

Edited to add, I do get hyphenated words in Safari when I resize the window, but not at all in Chrome (both on a Mac OSX)

Ahhh.... It *is* being done on your PC *but* in response to some code sent by the server. (There's a CSS hyphen command which, I believe Chrome doesn't honour so no hyphens)
By ChampChump
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Question:

Why a Board Index, where everything is accessible, then a Flyer Forums index, where there is no access to Sales & Wanted, for example? Shirley one index is sufficient and less confusing, especially now it's not quite as easy to hop from forum to forum.