Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Keef
Yes, as long as I don't have a "contract" with an ATC unit that says different. I'd sign off with them first, and would then be free to do what the airspace rules say.
By chevvron
phijip wrote:Sure enough, once clear of the LFA and in uncontrolled airspace, I will climb to and fly wherever I want. No?

Presumably you will then keep the Farnborough inbounds on your right and give way to them and that will be your explanation in the subsequent Airprox inquiry.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
chevvron wrote:
phijip wrote:Sure enough, once clear of the LFA and in uncontrolled airspace, I will climb to and fly wherever I want. No?

Presumably you will then keep the Farnborough inbounds on your right and give way to them

Sounds like a plan.

chevvron wrote:and that will be your explanation in the subsequent Airprox inquiry.

"I saw it and I avoided it". What else is there to say?

Alastair wrote:phijip,

Please let me know when you are flying near Fairoaks so that I can stay on the ground.

Can you not see and avoid like anywhere else in UK class G?

Shall I let you know when I launch from Bourne Park so you can avoid that area as well? :D

Now, as a good "citizen of the air", I would suggest calling Farnborough if flying near their approaches, just so they can call the traffic to you and you can say "traffic in sight" to give everyone peace of mind.
By chevvron
Fairoaks notification is not quite correct. It shows no mandatory hi-vis, in fact hi-vis is not mandatory in daylight but IS mandatory during darkness.
By Keef
chevvron wrote:Fairoaks notification is not quite correct. It shows no mandatory hi-vis, in fact hi-vis is not mandatory in daylight but IS mandatory during darkness.

I can't see that. Where is it?
By chevvron
Keef wrote:
chevvron wrote:Fairoaks notification is not quite correct. It shows no mandatory hi-vis, in fact hi-vis is not mandatory in daylight but IS mandatory during darkness.

I can't see that. Where is it?

EGTF AD 2.20 para 1 sub para i.
By chevvron
Trial departure procedure until 20 Oct.
Traffic departing Fairoaks which has been issued a '0466' squawk will be asked to 'report squawking 0466 to Farnborough Radar, freecall them now on 125.250'. NB: You will also have been requested to climb not above alt. 1,400ft due Farnborough ILS traffic.
By mo0g
Thats what they do at Portimao.. issue squawk and then you freecall Faro and just say you're squawking.

Mandatory flight plans too.
By chevvron
Fairoaks ATZ closed on sun 17 Aug between 1330 and 1340. NOTAM L4678 refers.
By chevvron
chevvron wrote:Trial departure procedure until 20 Oct.
Traffic departing Fairoaks which has been issued a '0466' squawk will be asked to 'report squawking 0466 to Farnborough Radar, freecall them now on 125.250'. NB: You will also have been requested to climb not above alt. 1,400ft due Farnborough ILS traffic.

The trial is nearly at an end, so it may become SOP. It has recently been amended, you will not be asked to squawk 0466 until you have been passed the altitude restriction (not above 1,400ft) and read it back.
Otherwise expect 0457 if VFR or an IFR squawk if an IFR flight plan has been filed. Of course if you are requesting clearance through the Heathrow CTR which is now class D airspace, time permitting the FISO will request a squawk from Heathrow.
By chevvron
Clocks change this weekend so 'out of hours' flying may increase.
You cannot operate fixed wing in/out of Fairoaks between 10pm and 7am unless it is an Air Ambulance flight.
Normal airfield opening times (local) are 8am - 6pm mon - sat excl PH and 9am - 6pm Sun & PH. Fixed wing movements on sundays are subject to a planning condition limiting runway movements to 4 between 7am and 10am and 8pm and 10pm, so you MUST book a slot in advance.
Out of Hours indemnity forms (=PPR) are mandatory and may be obtained from atsu@fairoaksairport.co.uk
By chevvron
Signals Square withdrawn.
Don't forget no circuit bashing on PH, so that's tomorrow and what I call Whit Monday.(A/d manned from 9am not 8am both days)