Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By peterh337
Here are some ideas:

I have put lines of dots showing where you can walk from the airport.

The ones to the right, over the bridge, take you to the High Street where there are some restaurants.

The ones to the left take you for a scenic walk along the houseboats.

Either route takes you to the new footbridge which goes across the river, so you can make it a nice circular walk.

As you can see it is not very far - maybe 10-15 minutes out of the airport.

The full size pic (2MB) is here
http://peter-ftp.co.uk/images/shoreham-full.jpg

This is current - taken this morning.
skydriller, JWL liked this
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Peter, the photo and marked walk is a great idea. Would be nice to see similar ideas for other airfields from others.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thanks for that Peter, yes, it would be nice to have such ideas for other airfields too.

Might have a take a drive down one day. :D Or are they still charging for car parking?
By JWL
peterh337 wrote:Here are some ideas:

I have put lines of dots showing where you can walk from the airport.

The ones to the right, over the bridge, take you to the High Street where there are some restaurants.

The ones to the left take you for a scenic walk along the houseboats.

Either route takes you to the new footbridge which goes across the river, so you can make it a nice circular walk.

As you can see it is not very far - maybe 10-15 minutes out of the airport.

The full size pic (2MB) is here
http://peter-ftp.co.uk/images/shoreham-full.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is current - taken this morning.

Peter

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this and taking the time to map out the walk. I was pointed here from a more recent thread and having been to Shoreham 3 times in the last 2 months, for various reasons today was the 1st time I had time to do the walk.

Those house boats seems a bit hippy, met one old bloke (grey hair all over the shop & bushy beard), bare feet and tats on his knuckles! Nice enough guy though.

Had time for a nice lunch at Into the Blue and still made it back for the school run.

Thanks again, and to echo Paul_Sengupta's now rather old post, it would be good to have a directory of these kinds of things if anyone else has any other ideas on other airfields to add.