A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By AerBabe
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As you may have guessed by the proportion of threads in this forum started by me, I enjoy cooking. So far I haven't (knowingly) killed anyone. But I do tend to revisit the same old recipes. Occasionally I get a burst of inspiration, but they don't last.

So I was wondering about a 'Project 12', similar to the photographic 'Project 52'. Pick a new dish or ingredient every month and either try to perfect the dish, or experiment with a new ingredient. As it's now February, it's probably 'Project 11' ... although I did spend some of January working on a lamb tagine!

Does anyone fancy joining me in this endeavour?
By AerBabe
Haven't really thought about how it might work. I guess we pick our own ingredient or dish and report back with progress...

How about Feb to December and see how it goes?
By Paul_Sengupta
How about photographic proof on the forum? Kill two birds with one stone.
By AerBabe
Achean ... y'know what ... February for me is going to be the month of the stuffed mushroom! :thumright:
By Jon Mercer
There's a great deal of options with stuffed mushrooms. :thumright:

Easy to theme - use feta and olives for Greek, goat cheese and apricots for north African, mixed beans and chillies for Mexican - endless options.

They are great dinner party food - prepare them the night before (or before you leave out, if taking a course with you) then simply sling them in an oven until they look done and serve with a side salad.
By AerBabe
*cough*
By AerBabe
Did you know that goats-cheese stuffed mushrooms with apricot goes really well with a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, and could be followed by something like a lamb tagine for an excellent north African inspired meal?
By AerBabe
I still feel full...

Anyhoo - what are you going to do for February? Christmas Pudding?
By Jon Mercer
I was just trying to think about something and I haven't come up with the winning idea. I think I'd like something seasonal, but I can't think what on earth would be seasonal in Feb other than a turnip or something similarly unlovely and unloved.
By Jon Mercer
The word Rhubarb keeps springing up. I'm going to do something exciting with rhubarb, I've decided. :D
By AerBabe
:shock: