A place for gourmet aviators. Musicians are also welcome.

Moderator: Dave W

By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
AerBabe wrote:I do have a bottle of Hendricks gin in the cupboard, and some tonic in the fridge. However, I also have a bottle of rather nice Fino sherry open. :think:

New cocktail?

AerBabe wrote:a tub of Vicks

I would offer to come and rub some on your chest, but you might get the wrong idea...
By AerBabe
I've been trying that for the last two weeks. Tonight it's chicken soup and lots of booze. :thumright:
By ray
I just had a slow cooked pork casserole with lots of garlic and herbs ....and most of a bottle of Claret

So far so good!!
By AerBabe
BTW, if anyone would like my basic recipe:

Break up one roast chicken carcass into a large pan, cover with water and simmer for an hour.
Strain through a sieve and pull any remaining meat off the bones, breaking into tiny pieces.
Chop one onion and several cloves of garlic into small pieces, fry until light golden brown in a small amount of olive oil.
Add the strained chicken broth and meat. Simmer for 30 min or so until ready.

If you want the 'Chinese' version, add lemon a teaspoon of fresh ginger, a teaspoon of finely chopped chilli and lemon or lime juice to taste. Add a handful of egg noodles for the last few minutes of cooking.
By AerBabe
Such a generous offer ... I don't know what to say!

Oh yes. Actually, I do.
By AerBabe
Sounds nice... what's the full recipe? :D
By Ben
Sorry A.B.
A chicken soup with chilli? Other than that a chicken soup is the easiest soup to make, you put too much effort into it. Come over to Herts. And I will show you how it is done in less than 10min.

Ben
By AerBabe
But in my OP I said:

AerBabe wrote:It's not tricky to make

However, I'm always willing to be fed good food. :thumleft:
By Ben
ETA is ? How do you know that it is good?
This weekend we have Kuba Hamostia on the menu.

Ben
By AerBabe
- ETA ... about 5 minutes before the time you invite me.
- I don't know it will be good, but I'm willing to take the risk.
- WTF is Kuba Hamostia? 'GIYF' did not work for this!
By Ben
A.B

You are welcome every weekend, just let me know in advance so I can cook a small sample. We live 10 min. Away from Panshanger so if you fly I can pick you up.

As for Kuba Hamosta it is a Kurdish dish, see the following link. It is the second recipe. http://www.globe-recipes.com/Kurdish-Recipes.php

Ben
By AerBabe
Thank you! I'm sure I can find an excuse to head your way in the not too distant future.
Thank you for the recipes. I think next month my Project 12 might be to try a few.