Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Normally a quiet airport but with full customs and IAPs, it often proves useful. The airport restaurant is run by Monsieur Luc and Madame Edith, and their BBQ and curry fly-ins are renowned.

Iceman 8)
By BlackheathBloke
Landing Fee is int he region of 12 Euro for a single engine, massive runway and Luc and Edith always have a good stock of French aero maps if you need to buy one before continuing your journey. (They're normally closed on Sundays)

The Fireman is also very helpful at jump starting your plane (I still owe him a few bottles of wine for that!!)

I understand a certain Forumite is very close to his 300th visit!! 8)
By johnm
Luc's own label house merlot available by the case is bloody good value too :-)

Next BBQ 2nd July hope to be there :-)
By Grumpy One
BlackheathBloke wrote:I understand a certain Forumite is very close to his 300th visit!! 8)

296 done & dusted - Endeavouring to match the 300th with the Cherbers BBQ on 27th August.

Did you know that this July, Luc & Edith will be celebrating their 25 years running restaurant - Le Coucou de Fourchette at the Airport ? :D
By skydriller
Flew in on the way to the UK at the beginning of july for customs and fuel and can highly recommend it. Landing fee 12 Euros. English speaking fireman does the fuel. GA parking to the East of the tower over by the fuel pumps. Once inside the terminal building to pay for fuel & landing, the Olivia/pilot rooms are upstairs for weather & filing flight plans etc. As others have mentioned, Luc & Edith are very friendly and run the restraunt/bar/shop.
By Mike M
Beware August, though. I was there last Friday and Luc and Edith were not. A taxi into town was EUR25 each way. Ouch.
By Mike M
Beware August, though. I was there last Friday and Luc and Edith were not. A taxi into town was EUR25 each way. Ouch.
By malcolmfrost
A quick question!
The AIP says re Customs
0600--1700 and O/R until 2100 with PN before 1600 to
SECMA and bse--cherbourg@douane.finances.gouv.fr

Does that mean Customs are there 0600-1700 full time, and only require prior notice if after 1700 and before 2100. I'm getting different information from various sources and confirmation one way or the other from an expert would be useful!
By Irv Lee
July 6th BBQ tbc but likely- see events.
The only time i have had a passport checked there was last month on an internal departure with MrHF4fun. There happened to be a big charter going off so even private pilots were put through airline style security , scanned but not subject to petty rules like liquid limits. This where we discovered that Mr HF is made mainly from metal, which neither of us had realised. If he disappears one night, i will be checking the local scrap yard for a body
By Geraint Pinches
Landing fee for a single up to 1500kg still EUR12.

Fuel EUR 2.12 per lite inclusive of VAT.

Beware cafe closed on the Sunday we arrived.....not even a drinks machine. Luckily it was only a customs and fuel stop (customs office firmly locked on arrival).

Prices correct as at Oct 2013.
By skydriller
As the last entry was 5 years ago, Il do an update, though there is a useful recent thread HERE:

Flew in to clear customs to UK and back out again last week. Based on the uncertainty of the thread linked above I thought it best to be on the safe side so I sent an Email 24hrs beforehand (no reply) to the customs address in the VAC, though the VAC actually states customs are there during ATC hours... The Douaniers were not present either day...

Cherbourg no longer has a CTR, but an RMZ with a friendly AFIS. Fuel is either via Total Card or tell ATC and they will get the English speaking fireman to serve you. Luc & Edith still run the Cafe "Le Coucou de Fouchette" which is as popular as ever and continues to be open Monday to Saturday, closed Sundays.

Landing Fee still 12 Euros, but now if you are an FFA member it is half price at 6 Euros!!

Regards, SD..
By Rob P
I thought the Free French Army disbanded in 1945?

Rob P