Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Tony
Just to confirm what we need?

PowerFlarm display
Butterfly Connect-Interface-module
By Ian Hibbert
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hi Tim - do you have plans to integrate with the Zaon XRX?
By Peter Gristwood
Rod1 wrote:There is quite a bit of kit that will connect to a std FLARM output including MGL kit and PFMS.

Rod1

.. and in English, this is?
By simon_gci
SkyDemon and iPad/Android are developing into a multi purpose navigation tool, it would be nice to have a remote unit that would wirelessly/Bluetooth to ipad/android that would show traffic flarm/mode C etc, instead of having an existing unit with display that you use through another box then on to your SkyDemon, gets very messy.
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
You can get a PowerFlarm without a display, and essentially just use SkyDemon as the display. It's called a PowerFlarm Core, and is obviously cheaper than the full PowerFlarm unit, but is meant for fixed installation in an airframe.

I believe we're looking at integrating with the Zaon hardware sometime in the next few months.
By AlanB
You know what I'd want, that is a box with 3 RS232 inputs on it which then creates a wifi network called AVIONICS or something. I could then plug my Zaon XRX, my PowerFlarm Core and my Levil AHRS unit into it, the ipad can then receive all of this via Wifi (or Bluetooth) and display the data on the brilliant SkyDemon.

PS Tim, while you are at it, any chance of creating a Gyro instrument window which you can bring up which can take the data from an external AHRS unit (like the Levil one) and display a real time attitude indicator based on gyro? Thanks ;)
By flybymike
And just to give you something to do Tim, can you make it a synthetic vision window as well.
By carlmeek
AlanB wrote:You know what I'd want, that is a box with 3 RS232 inputs on it which then creates a wifi network called AVIONICS or something. I could then plug my Zaon XRX, my PowerFlarm Core and my Levil AHRS unit into it, the ipad can then receive all of this via Wifi

Why would you want a xaon and a powerflarm, dont they do the same thing?
By stevelup
Not really, no.

The PowerFlarm can only give position information on other Flarm equipped aircraft and those with ADS-B Out (just about none at the moment)
By carlmeek
Their website says mode S and C supported?
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
From the website

For Mode-C / S transponder, the exact pressure altitude and distance is evaluated. The exact position cannot be evaluated.

So height and distance is given, direction isn't.

Ian
By Chiltern Aviator
Better still would be if the people making Powerflarm could make it also make it display mode c transponding aircraft as a dot on the screen rather than a ring.

....or a solid black aircraft showing it has limited info?

Different to the coloured thingies anyway.