Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JoeC
You're correct. All local authority tenders I have seen recently have you sign something to acknowledge that any info tendered may be release under an FOI request. I can't see why it would be different for planning and the like.
Message from Paul Fowler at Enstone Flying Club
Had a great result yesterday at the planning meeting, the application to close the runway was unanimously rejected. Thank you to everyone that sent letters of objection, this helped enormously. This however is just a battle won not the war; we wait in anticipation for their next move....sadly.

Thanks for your support Folks :thumright:
By gaznav
Good news, I await another letter from the Planning Authority saying my objection was upheld then :thumright:
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Does the new museum proposal affect the airfield? The one diagram I looked at showed Oxfordshire Sport Flying still having buildings and runway.
By Ben Twings
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I hadn't heard about that so did some digging.
The site location plan shows it affects the eastern end of the tarmac which is currently fenced off.
That is where EFC used to be based, before moving to the western side about 5 years ago.
That site was used for rally drive training and other motor sport, which didn't care about being under the final approach to '26 hard'.
I should imagine that the 26 holiday homes may not fit as comfortably with being under the approach.

This is the link to the planning summary.

Maybe Ian can offer some insight?
By Rob P
Ben Twings wrote:That site was used for rally drive training and other motor sport, which didn't care about being under the final approach to '26 hard'.

The rally school - Drive It All - for which I was corporate sales chief always operated to the South of the main Easty - Westy runway, not under the approach for anything.

Rob P
By Ian Melville
Rob, Vision Motorsport cut a lot of new track, some of which is under the flight path. As Ben said it never seemed to be an issue for any of the parties as there was plenty of clearance. When I first started at Enstone we used to have Ferraris at the west end of the runway and that as a Student did unnerve me a bit.