Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
By Christian90
All the pictures are amazing, I cannot even pick a favorite one. It must take one much skill to be able to create such photography - I think that aerial photography may be considered a separate outstanding form of art.
By TonyC
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Christian90 wrote:All the pictures are amazing, I cannot even pick a favorite one. It must take one much skill to be able to create such photography - I think that aerial photography may be considered a separate outstanding form of art.

Thanks
By TonyC
Felixstowe Docks
Last edited by TonyC on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cloudhopper
OmarBaba wrote:
cloudhopper wrote:Excellent photos. Are they taken from your Beech 19 or a high wing aircraft?

Yep most of them from the Beech19 DV window a few on my flickr site are from a Cessna Caravan and a few from an Airvan

Having seen your photos I'm going to have to try taking some photos using the DV window at the weekend. I'll let you know how you get on as I suspect I'l have questions about lenses and shutter speeds etc etc etc!

Slightly off topic, but do you own the Airvan, as I walk past it most days on the walk over to the office, but I don't think I've ever spotted it in the air?
By Ian Melville
Fantastic pictures.

Why is it that I keep thinking this one is a desert bone yard for Apple notebooks and Macs :)

By TonyC
cloudhopper wrote:
OmarBaba wrote:
cloudhopper wrote:Excellent photos. Are they taken from your Beech 19 or a high wing aircraft?

Yep most of them from the Beech 19 DV window a few on my flickr site are from a Cessna Caravan and a few from an Airvan

Having seen your photos I'm going to have to try taking some photos using the DV window at the weekend. I'll let you know how you get on as I suspect I'l have questions about lenses and shutter speeds etc etc etc!

Slightly off topic, but do you own the Airvan, as I walk past it most days on the walk over to the office, but I don't think I've ever spotted it in the air?

The main thing is reducing vibration find a smooth power setting if its fixed pitch normally quite a high RPM 2500 or low area 2000 rpm works well. Keep the camera away from touching anything keep it out of the wind moving the seat back a bit will help in keeping your back away from the back of the seat back this will stop most of the vibration that will affect photos.

The Airvan's not mine its gone to the USA now.
Last edited by TonyC on Sat May 12, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By TonyC
More night flying.

Just after departure over Milton Keynes

John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford

Oxford. Any guess what the pitches are used for i was thinking Hockey.

Oxford

Oxford
Last edited by TonyC on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ian Melville
Oxford City Football club just off the northern bypass at Marston. Other pitches are netball, complex has only just been finished.
Roundabout(known as Tescos Roundabout) shows corner of BMW Mini works in Bottom left.

Got a feeling I should know the last one, and will prob90 kick myself
By TonyC
Super thanks.

Ian Melville wrote:Oxford City Football club just off the northern bypass at Marston. Other pitches are netball, complex has only just been finished.
Roundabout(known as Tescos Roundabout) shows corner of BMW Mini works in Bottom left.

Got a feeling I should know the last one, and will prob90 kick myself
By TonyC
Time for some more.

The Lee Valley White Water Centre

Chatham Naval Memorial

White Cliffs of Dover

White Cliffs of Dover by Tony Crowe, on Flickr

Last edited by TonyC on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sir Morley Steven
Superb pics as usual. I have aerials of many of those subjects but they look carp. I'll have to make more effort or get myself a decent camera of course.
Mine is a Fuji with a 20x optical zoom which I thought might be a reasonable compromise. Perhaps it's the nut behind the viewfinder wot is carp.
By TonyC
It's been a while time for some more.

Stonehenge by Tony Crowe, on Flickr

BP Coryton Refinery by Tony Crowe, on Flickr

Tyre Man by Tony Crowe, on Flickr

Bedford Embankment by Tony Crowe, on Flickr

Chatsworth House by Tony Crowe, on Flickr

Chatsworth Hunting Tower by Tony Crowe, on Flickr

Chatsworth House by Tony Crowe, on Flickr

Matlock by Tony Crowe, on Flickr

The clean up begins by Tony Crowe, on Flickr
Last edited by TonyC on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.