Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By chevvron
jane wrote:Visited Redhill today. Great airfield and so easy to find. Thought that having ACT and having to use VRP would be difficult. However, if I am allowed back, I would be happy to visit Redhill again.

Pardon my ignorance but what does 'ACT' stand for?
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think jane meant ATC.
By MikeE
The cafe now has a notice to say that it is open until 17:00 every day, though with a restricted menu after 15:00. Good news as summer arrives...

Best wishes

Mike
By ROG
Must visit again--last visit--some years ago--we were moaned at by the lovechild of the guy at elstree. After asking him where the caff was he moaned that he we had gone the wrong way--after following his directions.
By Iceman
In days gone by when Redhill was open until 2000 local every day during British Summer Time, October was always the month in which the circuit was always very busy with night ratings. Shutting at 1700 local in the winter made training for night ratings after October impossible.

Iceman 8)
By SpeedBird
Hello,

Update from Redhill Aerodrome website:

----------
Monday 17 October 2011
WEF 0800hrs on Tuesday 18 October 2011 the price of fuel at Redhill will be amended as follows:
AVGAS 100LL £1.67 + VAT per litre (£2.00 inc VAT) and AVTUR Jet A1 £0.83 + VAT per litre (£0.87 inc VAT).
By Satcop
Iceman wrote:In days gone by when Redhill was open until 2000 local every day during British Summer Time, October was always the month in which the circuit was always very busy with night ratings. Shutting at 1700 local in the winter made training for night ratings after October impossible.
Iceman 8)

We only close at 1700 because the grass is usually waterlogged, I'd love to keep the place open longer in the winter. If the runway stays dry hopefully we'll be able to offer some nights in November. Should we get a paved runway we'll be able to standardise the opening hours throughout the year.
By Deeday
Are there any clues on how the planning application for the tarmac rwy is faring, in the approval process?
By Satcop
Deeday wrote:Are there any clues on how the planning application for the tarmac rwy is faring, in the approval process?

We gave a presentation Tandridge District Council on Tuesday night, it was fairly constructive with them asking some sensible questions afterwards. They were keen to understand how any Section 106 conditions could be enforced and how noise limits could be controlled or monitored.

In the end I think the whole matter will turn on whether or not they consider that the engineering works are appropriate in the Green Belt and whether we have demonstrated "very special circumstances."

The TDC planning committee are having a site visit on Saturday 29 Oct and we expect the application to be discussed at their November meeting which I believe is around the 18th.
By KingJames
Satcop wrote:
Deeday wrote:Are there any clues on how the planning application for the tarmac rwy is faring, in the approval process?

We gave a presentation Tandridge District Council on Tuesday night, it was fairly constructive with them asking some sensible questions afterwards. They were keen to understand how any Section 106 conditions could be enforced and how noise limits could be controlled or monitored.

In the end I think the whole matter will turn on whether or not they consider that the engineering works are appropriate in the Green Belt and whether we have demonstrated "very special circumstances."

The TDC planning committee are having a site visit on Saturday 29 Oct and we expect the application to be discussed at their November meeting which I believe is around the 18th.

Fingers crossed. Assuming it all goes well when do you know when the building work would start?
By Iceman
Satcop wrote:
Iceman wrote:In days gone by when Redhill was open until 2000 local every day during British Summer Time, October was always the month in which the circuit was always very busy with night ratings. Shutting at 1700 local in the winter made training for night ratings after October impossible.
Iceman 8)

We only close at 1700 because the grass is usually waterlogged, I'd love to keep the place open longer in the winter. If the runway stays dry hopefully we'll be able to offer some nights in November. Should we get a paved runway we'll be able to standardise the opening hours throughout the year.

I sincerely hope that the appliction is successfull SatcoP. I sympathise entirely with the practicalities of Redhill winter ops.

Iceman 8)
By Satcop
I'm looking at making addition night flying available, need the fire crew to be a full strength first. Should know more next week.
By Satcop
This evening the Tandrigde District Council Planning Committee accepted their Officer’s report and refused our application for a paved runway.

It was a balanced debate with several members questioning some of the contents and conclusion of the report. Members appeared to understand some of the points we had put forward and how the Section 106 would give some planning controls over our operation. They were concerned that two of three points for refusal were weak and may be easy to overturn on appeal. Questions were asked about the baseline of movements relating to intensification of use, annual movements and jobs.

Will now have to await until the Board Meeting next week to find out how the owners wish to proceed.