Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By mlawton
A trip today into Cranfield as a bit of business to do on the airfield. , I thought the landing fee a touch expensive! A 172 to include 2 hrs parking £37.50!!! A nice airfield and I dont mind paying a reasonable fee to use the facilities and support the operator. Think the next time I visit I will drive by car! Will work out cheaper, a pity really! Could be a bit more welcoming.
By Final Approach
Flew into Cranfield on Wednesday. Helpful ATC and lots of navaids; also plenitful nice, well maintained runway - even if the hump in the middle can seem quite pronounced!

However, didn't find them particularly welcoming or friendly. The general look and feel of the place wasn't particularly pleasant either; I'd certainly have expected something more for £50 (1x landing fee and 3x hours parking in an Arrow)!

Can't say I'm in a rush to return... :shock:
By TonyC
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
sleepy weasel wrote:Has the landing fee become any more reasonable?

Yes new landing fees in place from 1 April more info when i have the full details.
By TonyC
Cranfield Airport would like to send you and your aviation friends details of our special offers. If you would like to receive information on our up and coming offers, please email j.bampton@cranfield.ac.uk your email address and we will send details out to you.
Thank you.
By TonyC
Last edited by TonyC on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TonyC
Single Engine GA Visitors

Option One :
Landing Fee - £ 10.00 including VAT and 4 hours free parking.

Option Two :
Landing Fee & either an ILS or NDB or GNSS Approach - £ 20.00 including VAT and 4 hours free parking. Additional approaches charged at £ 10.00 per approach including VAT.

Option Three :
Landing Fee and either 2 ILS or NDB or GNSS approaches - £ 30.00 including VAT and 4 hours free parking. Additional approaches charged at £ 10.00 per approach including VAT.

Multi Engine GA Visitors

Option One :
Landing Fee - £ 15.00 including VAT and 4 hours free parking.

Option Two :
Landing Fee & either an ILS or NDB or GNSS Approach - £ 30.00 including VAT and 4 hours free parking. Additional approaches charged at £ 12.50 per approach including VAT.

Option Three :
Landing Fee & either 2 ILS or NDB or GNSS Approaches - £ 40.00 including VAT and 4 hours free parking. Additional approaches charged at £ 12.50 per approach including VAT.
By Merlin83b
So for single engine, it's £10 for landing and £10 per approach.

For multi, it's £15 for landing and £12.50 per approach (plus £2.50 if you only do one approach for no apparent reason other than to complicate matters)

No need to have menus of options when it's really quite simple!
By TonyC
From 01/08/2013 to 31/10/2013, land at Cranfield and pay just £10.00 including VAT or 6 circuits for £ 20.00 including VAT.

This offer applies to single engine a/c up to 2,999 kgs.

New loyalty card in operation. Contact Jo Bampton on 01234 758114 for more details or email j.bampton@cranfield.ac.uk
By alexbrett2
For reference I've just had an e-mail from Cranfield stating that throughout December landing fees will be (inc. VAT) £4.99 for single engine and £9.99 for twin engine.

(I would paste the e-mail but it's made up of an image that makes it a bit difficult)