A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
By Korenwolf
So, I've been clearing the garage and found a centre console for a Bulldog (the box that goes between the seats), purloined from my days at Cambridge. I think it was removed as part of a mod and I had the rather daft idea of fitting it to my Cortina, which of course never happened.

It's a bit tatty and would need recovering but might be of use to someone. Pay me the postage and it's yours, or even collect from Duxford for free. Photos on request.

Happy flying!
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
If you can wait until I'm in the air, I'll fly over! :D
By riverrock
I'm told our bulldog group have so many spares stored away already of all sorts of odds and ends. I suspect we've got half a bulldog in an attic somewhere!
By Paul_Sengupta
First flight on the 2nd October! :D

Think entries have been stopped now though!
By G-JANN
Paul_Sengupta wrote:First flight on the 2nd October! :D

Think entries have been stopped now though!

Is that October 2014
By mech dib chamoun
riverrock wrote:I'm told our bulldog group have so many spares stored away already of all sorts of odds and ends. I suspect we've got half a bulldog in an attic somewhere!

hello guys
I am a mech. I work on bulldogs,for the Lebanese airforce..and we are running out of spares.can anybody help me in finding some?
but my question is :why we do not try to make spares for this type of aircraft?
if we can get the drawing I think we can do it...
in usa there is a guy who is making spares without any certificate and selling them to bulldog owners,and I am sure without the approval of de-Havilland .
and he is doing them in an outdoor metalshop.
By riverrock
In USA, Bulldogs are being operated in the "Experimental" category. That provides a lot of flexibility (albeit with limitations of that category) - essentially, owner decides and self-certifies.

I know that for military use, international or civil laws may not apply. However generally, militaries like to use the officially supported parts with the correct providence. What the Lebanese airforce standard is will determine, the rules you'll need to work to.

People don't make spares, because it is an old aircraft, no longer being manufactured. DH Support can get more of certain things manufactured, but they have a backlog of items people are looking for, I think I've heard control sticks and air filters.
Detailed Bulldog drawings are available from De-Havilland for a price.

I'm sure someone will correct me but there are spares available in a few places. http://www.masl-uk.com/ got the old RAF spares, although expect a bit of a wait for a reply from them. Swedish spares went to the USA http://sabulldogsusa.com/ and they tend to deliver to the UK fairly quickly.
There is also the odd broken / old airframe around which some items can be scavenged from.
By Paul_Sengupta
Who's the person making the spares in the US? Might come in handy as here in the UK, in civilian life, you can run a Bulldog on an LAA permit and might not necessarily need certified parts.
By Paul_Sengupta
Iceman wrote:Paul, flying again in the 2nd October 2014 - shall we make that 2018 ?

Well, I was flying up to 2017!

What are you doing this weekend, Iceman...? :D Not Saturday, I'm racing ducks on Saturday.