A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
There's plenty available for around £30. If you fly a tailwheel aircraft that is a small and valuable investment.

I have a copy, but it isn't something I would be in a rush to part with; it bears multiple re-reading

Rob P
Corsican liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I know that for some it is the bible of tailwheel flying, however I found it so old fashioned in language that despite several attempts I never managed to read more than a few pages and sold it again.

A good tailwheel instructor will do the job. ;)

I see it is for sale on amazon.de with free shipping to the Germany, I hazard a guess the same would be true to Ireland. Amazon.de ship to the whole EU.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:I know that for some it is the bible of tailwheel flying, however I found it so old fashioned in language that despite several attempts I never managed to read more than a few pages and sold it again.

A good tailwheel instructor will do the job. ;)

I see it is for sale on amazon.de with free shipping to the Germany, I hazard a guess the same would be true to Ireland. Amazon.de ship to the whole EU.

sadly Germany in their wisdom wont deliver that item to Ireland (looks like its been delivered from Amazon USA via Amazon Germany)

While the book is as you mention bit old fashioned, its more a nice one for my collection that I would like to grow for aviation

Also it will be a while before I am doing a tailwheel so its more a winter read.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Forfoxake wrote:
john_os wrote:looking to get my hands on a copy of the The Compleat Taildragger Pilot book

anyone have a spare one they don't want laying around?

You can have mine for £20 plus postage.

cheers but i got sorted online from USA.

however it will sell fast
If anyone else is having a problem getting hold of a copy I have an unopened copy I would sell
(ended up with 2 copies after giving up on Abe books ever delivering and ordering another one from elsewhere)
Red wrote:If anyone else is having a problem getting hold of a copy I have an unopened copy I would sell
(ended up with 2 copies after giving up on Abe books ever delivering and ordering another one from elsewhere)

did abe books ever deliver?
john_os wrote:...
sadly Germany in their wisdom wont deliver that item to Ireland ....

The Germans delivered all sorts of unpleasant stuff to so-called neutral Ireland in WWII to the detriment of the Allied war effort.

I'm not surprised the Germans have switched sides yet again.