A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
By The Westmorland Flyer
It's been a while since I was active on the Flyer forums and in truth flying was taking more of a backseat for me even before Covid. Then I was diagnosed with bowel cancer (fortunately well on the road to full recovery), which finally made me pull the plug on flying. I sold my aircraft back in March and am on to other things.

I have the following items for sale:

[SOLD] 2 off David Clark H10-13.4 headsets. These were only ever used on the rare occasion that I took passengers who didn't have their own headsets and are in as new condition, complete with AFE cases.

[SOLD]1 off Bose AHX-32-03 headset. This was my main headset for many years and it shows inevitable signs of fair use wear and tear. Complete with case, spare microphone muffle and spare ear muffs it should be good for many years yet.

[SOLD] 1 off GoPro AAMIC-001 microphone adapter with PA90 interface cable. The combination permits recording of headset audio on your GoPro, or the PA90 can be used in its own with a smartphone.

I'm open to offers for the above. Student pilots and youngsters are likely to get preferential (= lower cost) treatment. Make your case!

Contact me via PM please.
Last edited by The Westmorland Flyer on Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
mick w, TravellerBob liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Good to hear from you and good to hear you are on the road to recovery; I had a similar issue 4 years, 3 weeks and 5 days ago so know what you've gone through.

More a heads up that battling through is worth it. Hope you remain well!

Flying is now a lot less important to me than it once was but I did not pull the plug.
Thank you Frank. The good news is that they got the cancer before it spread (T3 N0 M0) so no chemotherapy, yippee! Every day is a little better and six weeks after surgery I am able to do almost everything apart from be out of range of a loo for too long. I remain very positive.

I don't really know for sure that I've quit flying completely but I'm certainly done with aircraft ownership. Who knows? When the airport, closed since March 2020, reopens I might get the urge... in someone else's aircraft!
mick w, MikeE liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Glad to hear that you are on the mend John I have been remiss in not being in contact I'm afraid, so many distractions these days!!
Thanks for all the positive comments guys. It looks like Carlisle Airport will reopen soon and I shall still be doing my engineering thing there. If you happen to be passing by and fancy dropping in for a butty do let me know and I will try to be there to meet you.
cessna152towser liked this