A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
By arwelpritchard
Evening all
There is a chap on this forum called Jack03 who posts headsets for sale, I recently tried to buy a Bose A20 from him, after a few emails we agreed on a price and I sent him the money via Paypal. The payment was refunded soon after and he tried to explain that there was a problem with his account. I then sent a payment to another paypal address that he gave me, this was also refunded, I cant even remember what excuse he gave. A payment was then sent again, guess what? yes, also refunded! I contacted him via email and he said that he had sent the headset, he also gave me a tracking number for the package, he then said that he would not be asking for payment and that i would get the headset for free!!!! I wasn't hopeful to say the least.
Anyway, i got home from work last Thursday and there was a parcel in the porch which was from Indonesia, brilliant, a free Bose A20 I thought. I got inside and opened the parcel, the photo shows what was inside!

Yes, there are 15 bottles of tomato sauce in that box!! I have tried to contact him, but strangely, he is not replying to my email.
Has anybody else dealt with this guy?
By the way, the sauce was really horrible and was out of date!!!!
By Rob P
Is the sauce ANR?

Rob P
By Lerk
We assume a badly timed April fools, but this could actually be a real scam...
Did the refund emails actually come from PayPal or might you have paid him three times?
By RichJordan
Lerk wrote:We assume a badly timed April fools, but this could actually be a real scam...
Did the refund emails actually come from PayPal or might you have paid him three times?

Absolutely this.

PayPal refunds normally take a few days for your bank account to be credited.

Have you actually seen the money back?

I don't see that someone would spend money shipping bad sauce for a joke.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
arwelpritchard wrote:Yes, I have checked my bank statements and Paypal have refunded 3 times, as you say why would someone do that for a joke, beats me!

You are much braver than I would have been.

One rejection, I might try again a second one would have certainly made me very wary.

What was the agreed price?
By Iceman
I actually noticed this poster's trail of dodgy looking activity on here about three weeks ago. I tried back then to set up a new bogus account on here so that I could out the guy but the system wasn't having it so I gave up. I was vaguely hoping to catch a headset thief but the scam appears to have been a little more esoteric.

Iceman 8)
By Flyin'Dutch'
arwelpritchard wrote:Thinking about it now, perhaps I should have been a bit more cautious. I agreed a price of £775.

:roll:

You can buy a new one for less than that on Ebay.

Bose is also a 300 euro discount deal if you trade up from a Bose-X.
By SimonM
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Bose is also a 300 euro discount deal if you trade up from a Bose-X.

I thought it was a $300 refund and only available to US residents if they buy directly from Bose.com. Is it also available in europe/UK?

Edit to add:- found the European upgrade