A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
Hi, I have a now unused 296, Skydemon has taken over ! Still works and battery good, also got the bean bag mount.

I could use it on the boat - or I could sell it - I cant gauge from a 'tinternet search if these are wanted anymore .

So please let me know if there is interest and the sort of price they go for - or if you are interested what you would pay.

That will help me decide if I strap it into the boat as a speedo or flog it and hook up a tablet to do it instead :)

Ta.
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
AFORS? Microlight Forum? EBAY?

Bay is pretty useless nowadays,just try searching for "aircraft"....then add "microlight " in front....You need a damned thesaurus to try all the permutations...."aircraft accessories " brings up mainly "collectable scrap"....but, AFORS is straightforward and there's a keen demand from the flexwing jockeys for small 'n cheap. Try it on the bay with a link to /from AFORS ? Auction is good,sets it's value AFORS catches buyers.

I'd guess around £50 to £100 plus, depending on accessories.
By Iceman
I had reason recently to require a replacement Garmin 295, a requirement satisfied by someone on this forum. You may be surprised by who still has need of this kit so do advertise it.

Iceman 8)
By PeteSpencer
I still fire up my 296 even though I have a panel mounted 430W and SD on my iPad.

Its the only one that doesn't drop out or overheat.
Totally reliable.

(Only problem with elderly 296s is the internal battery dying: Replacement can be a pricey faff)

I'd pay £250 for one (But not in the market right now)

Peter
By cockney steve
Anybody know of a repairer for a 196?.....Speedo u/s on my new steed (BMW528 Touring)
196 on beanbag mount departed the dash-top during an enthusiastic getaway, nutted the gearstick and lay dying on the pax seat......innards still OK 'cos there's a sliver of screen still giving a clear pic.
Really stupid thing to do, because that wasn't the first time!

Any offers to an impoverished pensioner? :roll: