A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
As Pete says, have a look at the two gigabags at the bottom of https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans

£5 gives you 500gb for a month; £7.50 gets you 1gb for a month; you can set them to auto renew each month, or you can top up as and when you want. I love the flexibility (& prices) of GiffGaff - it is just a shame the name (& bag names) are so naff :wink:

Thanks for using the link :thumleft:
By TheKentishFledgling
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hi CP - I see you're a fan of Giff Gaff... I'm thinking of moving to a SIM only deal and either buying my iPhones outright, or taking advantage of the new Apple Upgrade Program.

Do you use Giff Gaff for your phone, as opposed to just for data deals (iPads etc)? Given your praise below, presumably you've not had any issues? Their apparent lack of visual voicemail is a bit of annoyance but otherwise they're ticking all the boxes I want.

tKF

Colonel Panic wrote:Anyone (including me :D ) can "introduce" you; IIRC both parties benefit with a £5-£10 voucher. See https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/relbhcbj :D :D

FWIW I find GiffGaff fantastic - very cheap and a very good service. AIUI it piggy backs on the O2 network
Hi TKF, yes I have moved all of my close & extended family over to GiffGaff - all 11 users! We all buy our phones outright, and enjoy the knowledge that we _could_ switch provider at any time. But in reality we have all been sufficiently happy with the GiffGaff product & service that none of us have changed.

I initially missed Visual Voicemail having previously been with O2, but TBH I had forgotten that it even existed until you reminded me. It has become a non-issue. I would like access to wi-fi calling (as EE do, and possibly others), but GiffGaff don't offer it.

One can set one's account to recur every month (like wot I do), & auto top up if it falls below a certain credit amount (I don't do this). If you go abroad you will need to load some credit as foreign calls / roaming come out of credit, not a prepaid GoodyBag / GigaBag. I suppose one could call this a PITA, but in reality it has proved to be a non-issue for me and it is very easy to manage your account online. I normally leave a few pounds worth of credit on my account, and only top it up if going abroad; what isn't used during the trip then gets swapped over to a GxxxBag come next month's renewal.

GiffGaff have no telephone support staff whatsoever (other than if you have a financial problem), but their forums etc are excellent and the "community" always help you.

If you want to give them a try, feel free to use this link and will both benefit :D

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/relbhcbj