A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
Hi I have for sale a brand new 2 weeks old Yaesu FTA 750L Handheld transceiver for sale. I was bought it as a present but have never used it. Boxed and as new . £250 No offers as this is the cheapest in the UK for a new unit. Receipt can be provided on successful sale.

Many thanks
^^^^^^^^^ WRONG ! There is NO requirement for the applicant to own an aircraft.

1 buy radio and get receipt
2 apply to CAA office in London for a portable licence (£15 for 3 -years) *
3 send paperwork to CAA via email
4 sit and wait for ~9 months for your money!

Note the licence does not entitle the holder to use it for transmitting (an additional FRTOL is needed by the operator)
If it is carried only in aircraft with a licensed, fixed installation, the portable is covered under that licence and therefore doesn't need the £ 15 licence.

* there is talk that the CAA will relinquish the issue of Radio licences, back to Telecoms or whoever it is.
PS just before new year, ML&S were doing the 750 "Spirit" set for £300....guess that's inflation for you!