Use this forum to flag up examples of red tape and gold plate
By bookworm
diverdriver wrote:Anyway I've done some more digging and discovered that EASA regulations are the cause so it seems not anything the CAA is likely to be able to help with.

I find it unlikely that it's "EASA regulations" underlying this. EASA doesn't have any regulations on airport security, and that's not within its remit. Though there is discussion about bringing security into EASA's portfolio of responsibilities when the Basic Regulation is revised. The UK CAA is responsible for aviation security in the UK.

Moreover, in many cases, the CAA is responsible for implementing "EASA regulations" in most domains in the UK. If that regulation is not working well for GA, the UK CAA needs to work with EASA to fix it.

That doesn't mean the CAA (and particularly the GA department) can get involved in every disputed invoice, and the response it gave may be fair enough in the circumstances. But airport access for GA is an important issue, and the UK CAA should have a policy-level view.
By James Chan
But airport access for GA is an important issue, and the UK CAA should have a policy-level view.

I also agree - unfortunately a recent letter by the Economic Regulation group and sent to the Airport Operators Association stated that they will not be responsible for ensuring freedom of ground handling and any dispute will be a matter for the courts. :evil:

(League table here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=75633)