Use this forum to flag up examples of red tape and gold plate
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The 60 day update reports are pretty good and are very useful in knowing what has been done so far, but don't reveal what is currently being worked on, progress towards a resolution, priority etc.

There are suggested issues here and elsewhere, and it would be very useful if there was an easily accessible table that collated them all, was updated at the 60 day interval , in which each proposed task had its own line and accompanying columns to identify progress and priority.

There may also be some items that have been rejected for review, for whatever reason. We won't know what those are without such a report and if there's a case to be made for the rejection to be challenged there would be no means of knowing that such a challenge should be made.
By Joff
HI Dave

we do brief the representative associations on this kind of think and the updates we produce for the shows etc have some detail on future work e.g. last page of this http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?c ... il&id=6381 but we can certainly look at including future work / any rejected stuff in these future updates
By Dave W
Thanks, Joff - not least for the rapid response. Like many of us, I do keep my eye on (and appreciate) those bulletins.

What I had in mind was a single reference to go to for an interested person to visit when they are researching what is happening with "X".

X may not have been reported in the bulletin for some time because there's work in progress not ready to announce a conclusion yet. However, we might not know whether it is in work, or has been rejected for effort, or is awaiting an input from elsewhere. Something may have been said in an earlier bulletin, but trawling through earlier announcements to find it (not knowing if it does in fact exist) is not ideal.

On reflection I think my choice of subject is not quite right. It's not "better reporting", it's more "comprehensive recording".
By Joff
yep understood. I think making more of the programme plan public could be the way forward - it's certainly not secret - but it does change all the time :shock:
By GrahamB
The sad thing is that under EASA, GA regulation is still one huge great steaming pile of poo, and despite the much appreciated hard work and good intentions by some, all we've seen to date are a few roses shoved in it.

A peek at what's coming around the corner might reveal what next month's variety of rose is going to be but until someone grows a pair and gets the JCB out, in the way that 421C's paper suggested is needed, all the majority of us will end up with is slightly prettier steaming pile of poo.

I can't see any evidence yet that a transformation that will revitalise the industry is under way, just a few deck chairs being shuffled around on a ship about to founder.

Sorry.
By nickwilcock
The 60-day updates are politically driven; I hope that they aren't diverting effort and slowing down work of rather more significant direct benefit to GA stakeholders....
By SteveN
They may not be useful if you are already "in the loop". For the rest of us they are valuable.