Use this forum to flag up examples of red tape and gold plate
By Human Factor
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thanks, Joff. Useful clarification. :thumleft:

Any thoughts on my posts above, please?
By Joff
Hi - talking to aircraft reg - they are checking on a couple of things before I come back
By Human Factor
Thanks. Sorry to hijack the thread.
By Flintstone
Joff wrote:Hi - talking to aircraft reg - they are checking on a couple of things before I come back

I'm gazing into my crystal ball and it's telling me that Registration will say it's not them, it's ICAO's rules (despite other countries seemingly being able to get round it).

Ask me how I know. :(
Last edited by Flintstone on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Flintstone
Because that's what they told me.

All I have to do though is get a letter of approval from the Persian Air Force. I've sent dozens of requests via flying carpet mail. What I really need is a genie and three wishes.
By Human Factor
ICAO is not an issue if it's for flight in UK airspace only. Otherwise, the Article 10 exemption could not be permitted.
By kanga
Flintstone wrote:..What I really need is a genie and three wishes.

non-genie Farsi amateur linguist idea:

add before (ie, in Farsi, to right of) or over/under any script or marking the word 'not' in Farsi, in Farsi script, possibly very small and in a low-contrast colour. Either of 'na' (nun-he) or 'kheir' (khim-ye-re) would convey the sense. You could then send an image (or, before painting, a mock-up of the image) to the Iranian CAA and invite them to object .. :)

Unfortunately I do not have Arabic/Farsi script on my home PC, but I'm sure any local Arabic-script-knowledgeable neighbour (eg, in your local Bengali-run 'Indian' restaurant, as most are in UK; or the Imam in your local Shia mosque) could write it for you to copy ..

befarmaid biraderim ..
By Keef
You mean something like this, kanga?

لا الإيرانية.
By Keef
Or even...

شخ قبالة الانتحاري.

or

فلينتستون

The options are endless.
By kanga
Keef wrote:You mean something like this, kanga?

لا الإيرانية.

yes, that's exactly what I can't do at home (as I used to be able to at work). The MSWord (yuk: WordPerfect much better for non-Latin scripts, especially R-to-L ones) on my home PC has (IIRC) only Latin, (limited :( ) Cyrillic, (limited :( ) Greek, Coptic, Thai (not in my repertoire :oops: ) scripts
By Keef
Depends on MS word version, innit.

I installed Hebrew on mine in a moment of enthusiasm mid-way through the MA course, and it brought with it a load of other abilities (such as Arabic) that I wouldn't know how to use.

That said, the latest MS Office updates seem to have killed the Hebrew capability. I must investigate...
By Keef
Happily, a passing Goth seems to have solved the problem (I just had to "re-enable" it). We're onto Dark Ages Edition now.
By Dave Phillips
Whilst I personally welcome this relation for UK registered (ie non-EASA) aircraft, it isn't exactly deregulation. It appears to be an exemption and has actually introduced another set of rules.

Are we actually getting bogged-down in increased and more complex regulation?