Use this forum to flag up examples of red tape and gold plate
By GrahamB
Thank you, that one had passed me by.
By Dave W
Thanks, David. I must have last looked just before it was published.

An initial raps skim through suggests it is a thorough piece of work with clear and directed recommendations. It's also impressive to see that it does cover areas which might have otherwise been out of scope - such as Border Force issues including GAR, and even Customs issues outside the UK.

I'll certainly be reading it in detail over the weekend.
By Arnold Rimmer
James Chan wrote:This report is excellent. I send my huge thanks to all involved.

This is a wonderful road map for GA.

However, if you have every driven with my girlfriend, you will know that having a road map does not always ensure one is even travelling in the correct general direction.

According to the terms of reference, the panel now disbands. Who will monitor on-going work to meet these recommendations and that we are at least travelling in the right direction????
By kanga
Arnold Rimmer wrote:..

According to the terms of reference, the panel now disbands. Who will monitor on-going work to meet these recommendations and that we are at least travelling in the right direction????

er, we (in GA) will! Especially if we all belong to at least one of the GA orgs so that they have the income from our subs to do it ..

But I note that the presentation at Sywell will include 2 Ministers (one of whom, at least, is also a PPL). I'm assuming that he/they will continue to take an interest, and that CAA bosses will be expecting them to. :)

[one reason for success of US AOPA is that, as well as their huge membership whose subs help fund their fulltime lobbyists in Congress, many Congresscritturs are also pilots ..]
Last edited by kanga on Fri May 30, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Arnold Rimmer
Even those not in an organisation can feedback to the CAA.

They have just published a consultation document as well and are asking for feedback.