Use this forum to flag up examples of red tape and gold plate
By kanga
Cookie wrote:Fixed? No information yet except SRG1100 which is the new Temporary Licence Certificate form which has appeared on the CAA website. Great news for GA.

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1100Issue01.pdf

Cookie

Interesting omission from that form: gyroplanes.

An acquaintance who has recently fulfilled all the requirements for his PPL(G) has had a gripe on his FB page about how it seems to be the one category of PPL for which the forms to apply are not available online. Or are all gyro licenses still only NPPL ? But factory built gyros of approved designs can now be used for Aerial Work, so surely PPL and even CPL should be available ..
By Cookie
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member

Gyroplanes are non-EASA aircraft administered under UK national legislation, so do not fall under the remit of EASA or the Aircrew Regulation. Gyroplane pilots are issued with a UK PPL(G) for which the privileges can be found in ANO Schedule 7, Section 1, Sub-section 2.

The line under the SRG1100 form title specifically excludes these licences:

Valid for UK CAA Part-FCL Aircrew ONLY

An acquaintance who has recently fulfilled all the requirements for his PPL(G) has had a gripe on his FB page about how it seems to be the one category of PPL for which the forms to apply are not available online.

The PPL(G) application form is SRG2101 available here or via CAA shortlink www.caa.co.uk/fclforms with other pilot licensing forms.

Cookie
By kanga
Cookie wrote:

Gyroplanes are non-EASA aircraft administered under UK national legislation, so do not fall under the remit of EASA or the Aircrew Regulation. Gyroplane pilots are issued with a UK PPL(G) for which the privileges can be found in ANO Schedule 7, Section 1, Sub-section 2.

The line under the SRG1100 form title specifically excludes these licences:

Valid for UK CAA Part-FCL Aircrew ONLY

An acquaintance who has recently fulfilled all the requirements for his PPL(G) has had a gripe on his FB page about how it seems to be the one category of PPL for which the forms to apply are not available online.

The PPL(G) application form is SRG2101 available here or via CAA shortlink http://www.caa.co.uk/fclforms with other pilot licensing forms.

Cookie

Ah, thanks. I will pass this on ..

So if any Aerial Work operation starts, will there need to be a 'National CPL(G)' ?
By Cookie
I think we could consider this Red Tape Challenge as.....FIXED :)

Cookie
By Irv Lee
Irv Lee wrote:Is 2.2 longhand for "an actual ATO but not a Registered Facility"?

Apparently RFs are quite acceptable for the moment.
(Talking to myself, first sign....)
By GrahamB
Cookie wrote:I think we could consider this Red Tape Challenge as.....FIXED :)

Well, not quite. As good as it is, it doesn't appear to address the first time issue of a licence itself.
By PaulB
Cookie wrote:Fixed? No information yet except SRG1100 which is the new Temporary Licence Certificate form which has appeared on the CAA website. Great news for GA.

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1100Issue01.pdf

Cookie

...except within a few short days, that link no longer works....

Google suggests here

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplic ... il&id=7250

Still a great improvement for those passing any ratings.
By Cookie
As good as it is, it doesn't appear to address the first time issue of a licence itself.

To be honest, I think this is a fair compromise.

It means that those adding new ratings or certificates, or renewing expired ratings which aren't in Section XII of the licence can exercise those privileges immediately whilst waiting for their amended licence to be returned. This will also result in a significant reduction in the number of people chasing down to Gatwick after a test or check to have their licences endorsed with a rating or certificate.

Now there's no rush on new ratings and certificates being returned, hopefully the CAA can prioritise the return of new licences.

Cookie
By aerobat150
Hi Irv, Cookie

Between you, you know everything. Could you supply any reference that includes RF's in this scheme.
A great bit of work by all involved.

Thanks
David
By Irv Lee
aerobat150 wrote:Hi Irv, Cookie
Between you, you know everything. Could you supply any reference that includes RF's in this scheme.

What's an RF? ;-)
(Actually, in the end, despite rf/ATO, I suppose it is for examiners who want to do it, so you need a list of examiners who do it... The only two I know for sure are mentioned in your post)
(Ps no credit due to me, didn't do anything!)
By aerobat150
Thanks for the quick reply Irv. My question for the experts probably wasn't specific enough.
The Information Notice 2016/027 and the new form SRG 1100 only refer to ATO's and make no mention of RTF's.
So...... If a person does their LST at an RTF. Can they take advantage of the temporary Certificate ? It doesn't appear so because it specifically refers to ATO.
By aerobat150
Thanks again Irv

Your March 8th post says 'apparently' it's ok. If the paperwork comes back from the CAA we can't say "Irv Lee says it's ok"
Do you possibly have a reference that confirms it's ok ? :