Use this forum to flag up examples of red tape and gold plate
By morticiaskeeper
Woke up to a comment on Facebook about microlights being ousted from Blackbushe!

The reason given is that the CAA will not allow the two to operate from the same airfield.

I call BS.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Cardiff manages just fine - I don't know about now but it even had a couple of flexwings based there when the old hangar was still there.

I suspect this has something to do with the biz-jet crash at Blackbushe.
By cockney steve
As "microlight" would appear to cover anything from a SSDR flexwing, to a full-size conventional 3-axis fixed-wing, it sounds like an ill thought-through "catch-all" :roll:
By chevvron
I read somewhere that 'Clearprop', the microlight school, had been sold, so maybe the new owners just closed down the Blackbushe part of the operation.
By Nick
kanga wrote:At least one G-reg twinjet SSDR has been flown (re-engined Cri-Cri at Damyns Hall, IIRC) :)

See: First Flight of the Sirocket on YouTube

Created by Dave Stevens.

Nick. :thumleft:
kanga liked this
By Jetblu
Let's be honest, we put-up with them and adapt accordingly, but they are a PITA.

A micro can call finals [with the sounds of a lawnmower engine in the background :D ] and it seems like three weeks until they have landed and vacated the runway.

If anyone has lost one, it can be found hanging from a tree at North Weald.
By kanga
But how can a micro Eurostar be an unacceptable PITA while a CofA one with identical performance is not ? I can see how an airfield operator might wish to insist on a minimum approach speed for visiting and resident aircraft, as i believe Heathrow does, but i do not see how this should be formulated as excluding an entire regulation category.
Spooky liked this
By Jetblu
kanga wrote:But how can a micro Eurostar be an unacceptable PITA while a CofA one with identical performance is not ?

A micro camouflaged with EASA paperwork is still a PITA IMHO
By Nick
kanga wrote:But how can a micro Eurostar be an unacceptable PITA while a CofA one with identical performance is not ? I can see how an airfield operator might wish to insist on a minimum approach speed for visiting and resident aircraft, as i believe Heathrow does, but i do not see how this should be formulated as excluding an entire regulation category.

Or Eurofox taildragger and tricycle. Breezer, Foxbat, Escapade taildragger and tricycle. Kitfox and lots more modern and capable aeroplanes that just sip the fuel.

You can always fly 50 + year old real aeroplanes that gulp the fuel. :lol:

But hey ho it's all aviation, let's just get out and enjoy flying. :thumleft:

Nick :wink:
kanga, Thumper, Spooky and 1 others liked this
By Thumper
Nick wrote:
kanga wrote:But how can a micro Eurostar be an unacceptable PITA while a CofA one with identical performance is not ? I can see how an airfield operator might wish to insist on a minimum approach speed for visiting and resident aircraft, as i believe Heathrow does, but i do not see how this should be formulated as excluding an entire regulation category.

Or Eurofox taildragger and tricycle. Breezer, Foxbat, Escapade taildragger and tricycle. Kitfox and lots more modern and capable aeroplanes that just sip the fuel.

You can always fly 50 + year old real aeroplanes that gulp the fuel. :lol:

But hey ho it's all aviation, let's just get out and enjoy flying. :thumleft:

Nick :wink:

I suppose we just have to accept some posters on here are as narrow minded as airfield operators....
Nick liked this
Dave W wrote:@morticiaskeeper, did you ever got to the bottom of this? Was the Facebook post accurate?

Never heard any more of it. I presume it's some sort of Blackbushe reaction to the accident, but I doubt it comes from the CAA.